Content Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA
Dote is GenZ’s dream mall. We are building a shopping community where users connect, create and shop with today’s social stars. We partner with 150+ of the best brands, including Urban Outfitters, Brandy Melville, American Eagle, Princess Polly, J.Crew, Gap, Revolve, and Free People, and work with the hundreds of YouTubers and Instagram stars on our platform to bring the shopping experience to life. We’re backed by top investors including Lightspeed Ventures & Harrison Metal. Our backgrounds are in mobile gaming (Sequoia-backed Pocket Gems), Bain & Company, Pinterest, Stanford, MIT, etc.
We are looking for a social media manager to #levelup our social presence and engage with our creator and user community on social.
You have an eye for great social posts. You are an excellent writer of Instagram captions that resonate with GenZ. You are consistently able to create beautiful and eye-catching images and well-edited photos.
You know the Instagram platform in and out and have a passion for the entire social media world. You know how what sparks increased engagement and conversation on each social platform and love connecting with people through DM and comments. You love online communities, the Gen Z demo, influencers and fashion.
- Work closely with other marketing team members to execute on Dote’s social media strategy. Own the social media plans for specific product or seasonal launches - like new features #dotechella or black fridayReply to all of #dotenation’s DM’s and comments in a timely fashion and in the Dote voiceGo live on Instagram frequently to engage with and entertain Dote Nation
- Engage with all of our #dotegirls on their Instagram posts and storiesFeature members of #dotenation and our #dotegirls (influencers on dote) on our Instagram
- Experiment with different content types, aesthetics, and campaigns to develop a highly engaged community and iconic brand for Gen Z
- Manage our Twitter account, working alongside our customer support agents to reply to tweets @ and mentioning doteshopping
- Be accountable to aggressive growth and engagement metricsIdentify opportunities for Dote in the social media realm - like viral memes, new social platforms, new content types, etc.
- +2 years of experience in social media
- A proven track record of creating amazing content on social platforms
- An ability to balance optimizing content for growth and increased engagement while maintaining and elevating the dote brand
- Demonstrated comfort with an iterative creative process that includes accepting and managing feedback and constructive criticism.
- A bias towards action and execution.
- An ability to plan intentionally and project-manage as well as develop processes to be used for future projects.
- You design beautiful, compelling, on-brand social media assets that resonate with Gen Z.
- You must have experience with open to design and editing tools (like Boomerang, Sketch, Canva, VSCO, etc.) as required.
- Experience with social media in the areas of fashion, ecommerce and/or social networks.
- Familiarity creating, using and maintaining a system for consistency in Dote’s social media aesthetic.
Dote is based in downtown San Francisco and conveniently located near many transportation options.
If you are interested, download Dote (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dote-shopping-urban-apparel/id908818458?mt=8 ), and then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org including a resume/LinkedIn and a link to your portfolio.