VP of Marketing
San Francisco, CA
The VP Marketing is a key member of the executive team at Dote. They’ll be instrumental to Dote’s future success and ultimately responsible for the company’s overall brand identity, content strategy, and all external-facing communications. Reporting directly to the CEO, this role will work closely with cross functional leaders to help lead the business into its next phase of growth.
- Own all external facing communications (PR, social media, brand and content strategy for both users and creators).
- Develop the brand, content and PR strategy and define the roadmap for these areas.
- Work closely with the entire executive team to define and refine the marketing vision and growth goals against that vision
- Build, manage, and provide leadership to the marketing team – with a strong emphasis on both people management as well as defining and delivering results
- Work cross-functionally to develop marketing plans for the launch of new products, creator initiatives, and features at dote.
- Make big bets on highly creative and experimental features and partnerships that will drive brand equity, and ultimately growth for our gen z audience (celebrity partnerships etc).
- At least 7 years of marketing leadership experience
- Demonstrated success in building consumer brands
- Humble team-player who is intensely competitive about winning as a team – but not political
- Have built high performing teams by mentoring and developing teams and balancing retention with attracting new talent
- Strong communicator with the ability to clearly and effectively articulate a common vision for our new products across multiple geographies and across functions
- Proven success organizing and motivating teams to drive rapid-iteration, results-focused experimentation and feature development
- Track record of creating and establishing processes to deliver upon defined technology and business goals/metrics, promoting a results-oriented environment with high standards for quality assurance, release management and deliver of feature
- Strong analytical skills and ability to utilize a data-driven approach to decision-making
- Ability to handle the speed and changing nature of a startup and can manage to get things done.