Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
San Jose, CA (Hybrid)
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Hyphen is a foodservice platform designed to help restaurant owners, operators, and budding chefs move their businesses forward by putting their kitchen operations on autopilot. We are addressing the operational complexities in the kitchen with the use of AI-based software and robotics. We help restaurants augment their workforce, reduce food waste, and ensure meals are created the way their chef intended.
Founded in 2020, our team is composed of leaders in advanced food-robotics, food-tech, and food-service – we know kitchens and the equipment that makes them run. We’ve seen the challenges that restaurants face as dining preferences continue to shift, and we’re here to help them adapt. We champion thoughtful, human-centered design, and we see its potential to improve our daily lives.
After experiencing a crucible moment amidst the global pandemic in 2020 (you can read more here), Hyphen was born to help restaurants in a time of need. Today, we have customers across the US with reservations for hundreds of systems to design, build, and deploy.
We’ve raised over $50M from top VCs and we’re growing rapidly. We have offices in the Bay Area and Los Angeles, with many of our roles open to partial or fully remote work. We’re a team of food and technology enthusiasts, laser focused on revolutionizing the restaurant landscape together.
As part of the Platform Engineering group, you will be focused on building a robust testing platform that empowers engineers throughout the organization to build high quality software that is predictable, reliable, and scalable. Your work will have an outsized impact on how we develop, test, and deploy our software in a hybrid cloud/embedded environment.
What You'll Do:
- Analyze requirements/stories, develop and execute testing strategies and plans for both automated and manual tests.
- Review and provide recommendations on product features, requirements, and specifications.
- Implement automated regression tests for our web and embedded applications.
- Integrate automated tests into our CI/CD process.
- Report defects and inconsistencies found during testing, and work with other engineers to resolve them.
- Work alongside hardware and software engineers to ensure that our products function with high consistency and quality.
- Develop testing tools and scripts to support our reliability engineers and developers.
- Work closely with other professionals on the software, hardware, product, culinary, and operations teams to develop the equipment and process controls for robotic equipment.
- Expect domestic travel up to 10% to support commissioning activities.
Who You Are:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent in experience or ability.
- You have 5+ years of relevant work experience
- You have good hardware, software, cloud, & operating system fundamentals.
- You have strong analytical and debugging skills
- You’re a fast learner who can thrive in a fast-paced, often ambiguous, start-up environment.
- You evangelize and drive quality practices and principles throughout the entire SDLC
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Experience testing both SAAS applications and consumer electronic products.
- Ability to work hands on with embedded computer hardware.
- Experience testing complex systems
- Experience with AWS, Github, Jira, Notion
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for the employee with 75% coverage for each dependent
- Unlimited paid time off + 15 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan
$160,000 - $185,000 a year
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.