Business Development Specialist - Singapore
Singapore, Singapore /
Business Development /
Meet Insider, the first integrated Growth Management Platform (GMP).
Insider Growth Management Platform (GMP) helps digital marketers drive growth across the funnel, from Acquisition to Activation, Retention, and Revenue. Leveraging real-time predictive segmentation powered by deep Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning capabilities, Growth Management Platform empowers marketers to deliver personalized journeys across the web, mobile web, mobile apps, and ad channels. Built on a unified data layer, GMP is easy to implement and simple to use, avoiding the need for complex integrations and dependency on IT teams. Insider simplifies the life of digital marketers and helps them drive growth for their brands, with zero marketing waste.
The person, who takes this position, will be based in our Singapore office.
So… you’re wondering what is this role about?
To be honest, we are not looking for an Business Development Specialist, that’s merely a title. What we are looking for is Hunger! For people who are hungry to go out a play in the major leagues even though they have no name, to sit down and drive results that create an impact and to go out of their way to get things done when it matters most. We’re looking for freshers who possess the energy, the passion, the drive, but most importantly, the desire to prove themselves and create an impact.
The Business Development Specialist is a role that can be considered the backbone of sales at Insider. A crucial part of this role is to identify and reach out to prospective sales opportunities. This is where our ‘growth’ begins.
We also realize that most Job Descriptions almost always sound like the description an A-380 but when you’ve arrived at the airport what you find is a Cessna twin seater! We want to write a JD that’s realistic and as close to the real thing as possible. How can we do this? So, we thought about it and realized that the best JD for this role is one that comes from the insights of other Business Development Specialists. Here’s what they have to say:
- We identify new sales opportunities through inbound lead
- Follow-up with prospects through outbound cold calls and emails
- Understand customer needs and requirements
- Brainstorm with the team on how we can identify key players and generate interest about Insider’s products
- The most crucial part is maintaining and expanding the prospect database in our assigned segments
Okay… now you’re thinking, what do we expect from you?
Passion. Preferably a truck-load of it! Okay, jokes apart, we are looking for the perfect fit, someone who’s got the skills, experience, passion and an innate desire to learn and a curious approach towards the role. And we go the extra mile to find it, searching high and low, far and wide; now you know how we made offices in 19 regions. Or in more technical terms, here’s what we are after:
- We have a special affinity for graduates just out of college
- Fresh perspectives are something we valueUniversity degree in a related field
- A fair understanding of the e-commerce markets would be a plus
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- You’re a natural around the phone and dialing dozens of numbers a day is a piece of cake for you
- A passion for market research, identifying key players and generating leads
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- A fair understanding of Digital Marketing or experience in a customer oriented position
Alright.. so now you’re contemplating, what’s in it for me?
- Food, Food, and more FOODD !! Healthy lunches, dinners and afternoon snacks. Plus coffee and tea are always handy!
- Upgrade, improve and challenge yourself with the many soft skills trainings that we offer. You’ll have access to Udemy’s business plan, where you can choose over 10,000 courses to satisfy your hunger for knowledge.
- You’ll have space to share your skills and even deliver trainings and workshops if you wish. Sharing is caring!
- We’ll provide you with a paid Spotify account subscription, how do you fancy working to the beats of your favourite audio while blocking out the rest of the world?
- You’ll have a chance to work in an international, diverse and inclusive environment
- You’ll be part of an industry that’s shaping the future of customer experiences.Still not sure? Just askGoogle.
- Occasional TGIF happy hours!
Insider is a Sequoia backed technology company with offices in London, Singapore, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Seoul, Sydney, Helsinki, Barcelona, Dubai, Moscow, Warsaw, Taipei, Jakarta, Istanbul, Kiev, Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur. Insider was listed as one of Europe’s 100 Hottest Startups by WIRED Magazine and won Red Herring Top 100 Europe in 2017. CrunchBase has recently ranked Insider’s co-founder and CEO Hande Cilingir as one of the top three women CEOs outside of the US.
Some of the most prestigious Fortune 500 companies and top brands in retail, automotive and travel across the globe use Insider to deliver AI-backed personalized experiences. Helping world’s leading brands grow beyond the speed of customer expectations, Insider is trusted by over 600 businesses across various industries including UNIQLO, Singapore Airlines, Tokopedia, Virgin, New Balance, Nissan, Samsung, Puma, Newsweek, Media Markt, AVIS, Allianz, BBVA, Dominos, McDonald’s, Avon and CNN.
Insider is a value-driven company and we provide equal opportunity in a zero-discrimination workplace. Insider not just welcomes but also embraces diversity. Therefore, all qualified candidates will be considered without regards to sex, race, color, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, citizenship or marital status. Lastly, Insider will provide all necessary arrangements for eligible individuals with disabilities.