Country Manager - DACH
Meet Insider, the first integrated Growth Management Platform (GMP).
Insider Growth Management Platform (GMP) helps digital marketers drive growth across the funnel, from Acquisition to Activation, Retention, and Revenue. Leveraging real-time predictive segmentation powered by deep Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning capabilities, Growth Management Platform empowers marketers to deliver personalized journeys across the web, mobile web, mobile apps, and ad channels. Built on a unified data layer, GMP is easy to implement and simple to use, avoiding the need for complex integrations and dependency on IT teams. Insider simplifies the life of digital marketers and helps them drive growth for their brands, with zero marketing waste.
First things first: What is this role about?
You’re probably expecting an eye-catching, mesmerizing job description that will sweep you off your feet, flavoured with the coolest startup jargons. After all, we’re a company backed by Sequoia, the world’s most prestigious VC known for their investment in Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp and the like, with an awarded woman CEO and a team across the globe that takes the word “diversity” very seriously. We are a community of entrepreneurs, with a strong and innovative product culture, and a differentiated product that attracts big logos. Our go-to-market strategy has been proven in 19 markets already. But that’s exactly why we think that nothing says more than the real experience. We’re underdogs who believe in the power of actions more than anything. Our country managers are conversation starters, network builders, and noisemakers. Being a part of our business development team requires a great set of skills, such as relationship building, consulting, strategic thinking, and creating a robust sales pipeline. So we asked our current country managers to tell us what their day-to-day is really like and, in a nutshell, this is what they told us.
What we expect from you:
- Minimum 8 years of proven experience in enterprise sales in a SAAS, Digital Marketing, or E-commerce company
- Minimum 4 years of management experience, leading a team of enterprise sales and customer success executives
- Demonstrated success in an impact-driven role directing the growth of a business., preferably with a high-growth, enterprise SaaS company
- A track record of signing new enterprise-level clients and exceeding quotas with excellent prospecting skills
- Extensive portfolio within the retail, travel, finance and other industries, as well as a network of Digital, SEO and SEM agencies and strong knowledge of local e-commerce is a must
- Show us that “you’ve got what it takes” to collaborate and build strong relationships with customers, especially at the executive level; ability to interact at all levels of an organization
- Multi-faceted and adaptable: you are able to handle high-level strategic planning without sacrificing day-to-day operations, and are not scared of getting your hands dirty.
- Proven oral and written communication abilities; you’re known to be a persuasive and inspiring person.
- Be a self-motivated and savvy tech bug, always in search for savvy solutions and ideas to improve our relationship with our clients
- Cherish one of our core ethos: care. You’ll need to care for our clients and make sure they feel at home with our products and our around the clock support Superior project and time management skills. And a keen eye for detail!
- Passion for testing, measuring and improving outreach and follow up effectiveness.
- The ability and flexibility to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced startup environment as well as high emotional intelligence
- A university degree in Business, Marketing, or related fields. Previous experience with travel, e-commerce, and retail industries is a big plus!
- Base in Berlin is preferred, with the ability to travel as needed.
- Lead the country business and establish Insider as the market leader in this competitive market environment
- Focus on retention of clients by establishing a consultative and trusted advisor relationship that focuses on growing Customer Lifetime Value for our clients.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all other Insider products/services, competitive product lines, differentiators and industry trends through self-education and Insider's resources.
- Recruit and manage staff including performance monitoring, mentoring, and training.
- Communicate the needs of the customers, along with feedback to the relevant Product Management Team and identify new business opportunities and capitalize on them.
- Establish strategic partnerships to grow the business
- Own the business plan of Insider - Germany
- Monitor the market conditions and formulate strategies in order to establish and grow the business and effectively implement those strategies via clear goals and objectives.
- Manage all operations within the region. Including taking responsibility for profit, revenue, quality targets, and recruitment.
- Develop and maintain C-level relationships with the key accounts.
- Act as a liaison between the Head Offices (London & Singapore) and the Berlin office.
- Participate and represent Insider in Industry trade events and other marketing initiatives.
Hold on! Life’s a two-way road! Here’s what you’ll enjoy while spending time with us (perks, anyone?)
Challenging. Rewarding. Exciting. Fast-paced. Intense.
We work together as a family to build this company. Everyone is expected to act as an owner and to grow fast. We are a small and fast growing team from across the world and keep flat hierarchies for maximum impact. We are energized by broadening our scope of responsibility & horizon, are curious, and love stepping outside of your comfort zone because we know that this is how we will learn the fastest. We know that hard work beats talent - an Insider combines both. We help each other, teach each other, and learn from each other. We believe that world-class performance is a byproduct of an empowered, well-trained, and happy team. We think positive and have a solution-oriented mindset - a problem is an opportunity to be explored. Reach out if you find yourself in this culture regardless of whether there is a relevant job posting right now - if there is a fit we want to get to know you. Be part of the journey!
Insider is a technology company with offices in London, Singapore, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Seoul, Sydney, Helsinki, Barcelona, Dubai, Moscow, Warsaw, Taipei, Jakarta, Istanbul, Kiev, Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok, Ankara and Kuala Lumpur. Insider was listed as one of Europe’s 100 Hottest Startups by WIRED Magazine and won Red Herring Top 100 Europe in 2017. CrunchBase has recently ranked Insider’s co-founder and CEO Hande Cilingir as one of the top three women CEOs outside of the US.
Some of the most prestigious Fortune 500 companies and top brands in retail, automotive and travel across the globe use Insider to deliver AI-backed personalized experiences. Helping world’s leading brands grow beyond the speed of customer expectations, Insider is trusted by over 400 businesses across various industries including UNIQLO, Singapore Airlines, Tokopedia, Virgin, New Balance, Nissan, Samsung, Puma, Newsweek, Media Markt, AVIS, Allianz, BBVA, Dominos, McDonald’s, Avon and CNN.
Insider is a value-driven company and we provide equal opportunity in a zero-discrimination workplace. Insider not just welcomes but also embraces diversity. Therefore, all qualified candidates will be considered without regards to sex, race, color, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, citizenship or marital status. Lastly, Insider will provide all necessary arrangements for eligible individuals with disabilities.