Technical Support Engineer
Remote (EST Time Zone) /
Loom Team – Customer Support /
Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 9M users across 120k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub, and LinkedIn.
Founded in 2015, Loom has raised $73 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Coatue, the Slack Fund, and the founders of Instagram, Figma, and Front.
This role is part of our international Support team which is focused on providing the best product experience to all our Loom customers. You will be responsible for assisting users via email (Zendesk) and work closely with the rest of the Support team and Engineering team to troubleshoot complex issues.
Important note: We are looking for candidates in or close to the Eastern Time Zone (UTC −4:00) to work a full time schedule that may span weekends and/or holidays, as our customers need us.
- Help customers with resolutions to the most complex cases and ensure they are successful with our product
- Work closely with the Engineering team to become a Loom product expert and serve as a technical consultant to the rest of the Support team
- Take escalated cases from Tier 1 & 2 support and assist in a timely manner
- Identify, document, and report bugs and customer feature requests to share with our Product and Engineering teams
- Create and update documentation based on customer interactions, workflow changes and product updates
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years of experience in SaaS companies working in Technical Support for large international customer accounts
- Experience with Chrome Developer Tools
- Experience with client-to-server solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Nice to Have:
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Windows and Mac
- Troubleshooting protocols like HTTP, HTTPS, WebSockets and DNS
- Experience troubleshooting complex issues with video
- Any of these certifications: AWS Cloud Practitioner, Cisco CCNA, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Apple Certified System Administrator, CompTIAA+, CompTIA Network+
- Great video presence to engage with customers via Loom
Perks at Loom:
Competitive compensation and equity package
99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
401(k) with 4% company matching
Professional development reimbursement
Mental health and wellness reimbursement
Paid parental leave
Remote work opportunities
Home office & technology reimbursement
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.