Engineering Manager - Company Team
SF or Remote (US Time Zone)
Loom Team – Engineering
Loom is a more effective way to communicate in the workplace that's already trusted by more than 1.8M users across more than 50k companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies, including HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub, and LinkedIn.
Founded in 2016, Loom has raised $45 million from top-tier investors including Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia, and the founders of Instagram, Figma and Front.
About The Company Team
The Company Team is responsible for Loom's main web products (search, dashboard, notifications, etc.), upcoming shared teams workspaces, and its enterprise features. These product experiences will be responsible for driving rapid wall-to-wall adoption into the over 50,000 companies we have on our platform whose total employee count is more than 100 million. This team is critical to Loom's destiny of being a reliable communication utility for teams of all configurations.
This is an extraordinary time here at Loom. We launched our first desktop app and our first paid plan in early 2019. The Company Team will be taking its Team and Enterprise offerings to market over the next 6 months, which are Loom's first product experiences with network effects. Loom is already used by more than 1.8 million users, so while the team is still small, the product already has the scale for meaningful product decisions backed by data. These decisions within the Company Team will decide the growth of not only internal company adoption but also significant revenue growth and expansion.
Loom is looking for an experienced and empathetic engineering manager to join our Company Team, scale it up, lead it, and inspire everyone they interact with. This person who fills this role will start by working with product to understand the roadmap that needs to be built, make hiring and scope recommendations, and deliver against them. This person will have a technical background, but isn't expected to write code.
For all of Loom’s history, we have operated off of a single full-stack engineering team that worked against a single product backlog. To manage scaling up, we have decided to split our engineers into 3 product teams, one of which is the newly-created Company Team. It comprises 4 engineers spread across 3 timezones (East Coast, Pacific, and Europe) and will be growing fast over the coming years. The engineering manager who comes in to lead the Company Team should be have experience with managing remote and distributed teams.
- You will lead and manage our Company Team through its go-to-market of our Loom for Teams offerings, owning sprints of iteration after.
- You will manage and advise our Company Team on technical house-keeping initiatives and ensure we are able to consistently pay down technical debt while meeting product delivery timelines.
- You will recruit, hire and train your team, building a sense of belonging and emotional safety. Growing each member from a place of empathy and good intentions.
- You will work with other product and engineering leaders to create new and existing product success metrics and drive towards them.
- You will help pair and brainstorm with engineers on architectural and technical topics.
- Managed a team of 5 or more engineers
- Managed remote engineers distributed across multiple timezones
- 4+ years of professional full-time experience as a software engineer
- 2+ years of engineering management experience
- Led projects with multiple stakeholders and helped drive towards clarity and decision velocity
- Enterprise or teams-oriented product experience
- Track record of hiring, retaining, and growing engineering talent
- Track record of shipping new products and iterating on them over time
Perks at Loom
* Competitive compensation and equity package
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage (US-based team) or Healthcare reimbursement (non-US based team)
* 401K with 5% company matching
* Yearly learning & development reimbursement
* Monthly wellness reimbursement
* Unlimited PTO
* Paid parental leave
* Remote-first team
* Yearly off-site retreats (this year we went to Costa Rica for a week!)
SF office perks
* Remote weeks every other month
* Daily in-office lunch
* Unlimited snacks & drinks
* Home office & technology stipends
* Optional New-Hire on-boarding at our San Francisco HQ
Loom is an equal opportunity employer.
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.