Senior Engineering Manager, Infrastructure
San Francisco or Remote /
Loom Team – Engineering /
Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 9M users across 120k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub, and LinkedIn.
Founded in 2015, Loom has raised $73 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Coatue, the Slack Fund, and the founders of Instagram, Figma, and Front.
Loom makes it simple to create HD video content and have it instantly available to share with anyone in the world. Because of this simplicity, multiple decades' worth of video content is created on Loom every week from people in almost every country around the world, and this growth rate has been rapidly growing. It's vital that Loom continues to be seen as a utility that our users can depend upon. Loom needs to continue to just work. Given the nature of processing video at scale, this is no easy feat and requires being conscious about price, performance, and the evolution of our culture.
As Loom's Sr. Engineering Manager of Infrastructure, you will be reporting directly into the VP of Engineering and will have a critical impact at one of the most exciting times in our company's history. The Loom Infrastructure team is responsible for ensuring that Loom is reliable, fast and secure. The customers for this team are the product and data engineering organization as well as the foundation team itself. They are responsible for ensuring that the Loom service can scale reliably and in a performant manner to support the needs of our customers. They are also responsible for building the shared tooling, system configuration and automation and process to manage, change and monitor the system and keep that within the availability and compliance commitments we make to our customers.
Read more about our CTO's vision for our infrastructure here.
- Lead our Infrastructure Team (Developer Tooling, Security & Compliance, SRE) and ensure major initiatives and execution is predictable, reliable and sustainable
- You will help pair and brainstorm with engineers on architectural and technical topics
- Grow and inspire our entire engineering team, leveling up their awareness and understanding of reliability, velocity and security
- Develop and own our security and compliance roadmap alongside our CTO, VPE, and Security team members
- Orchestrate efforts alongside our VPE and CTO to ensure our infrastructure meets regulatory requirements necessary to bring on enterprise clients
- Develop our DevOps and tooling roadmap
- Help architect and ensure the success of major foundation infrastructure initiatives ranging from migrating CDN providers to transitioning us to multi-cloud
What We're Looking For:
- Managed a team of 10 or more engineers directly including managers
- 6+ years of professional experience with DevOps/Systems Engineering/Reliability
- 4+ years of management experience
- Fluency of working with AWS in production at scale (or commensurate experience)
- Experience creating and growing high-performing teams, including senior leads and managers
- Experience with security and privacy standards (SOC2, GDPR, etc.)
- Passion for unlocking developer efficiency through shared tooling and services
- Experience driving initiatives that improve the security of our services and protect our user's privacy
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with Kubernetes and Terraform
- Managed remote engineers across multiple timezones
- Experience working in a start-up or similar fast-paced, high growth environment
- Experience working with or influence a culture of observability driven development
- Experience scaling video infrastructure, including transcoding (compute-bound) or content delivery (memory and network throughput-bound) services
- Experience with Node.js
Perks at Loom:
Competitive compensation and equity package
99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
401(k) with 4% company matching
Professional development reimbursement
Mental health and wellness reimbursement
Paid parental leave
Remote work opportunities
Home office & technology reimbursement
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.