Software Engineer, Entry Level
United States /
Loom Team – Engineering /
Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 12M users across 200k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including Netflix, HubSpot, Atlassian, Juniper Networks, and Twitter.
Founded in 2015, Loom has raised over $200 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Coatue, and Andreessen Horowitz.
Loom is looking for growth-focused individuals to propel the next iteration of our creation and collaboration tools forward. You can expect to be set up with an appropriate amount of mentorship and to make an impact from day one, contributing across our stack and pushing code to production on a daily basis. You will join a product-focused cross functional team with which you'll learn how to build products from zero-to-one as well as how to iterate on old, existing products and systems.
* We are currently hiring remotely in the United States and Canada
- You will build a beautiful, snappy, and native-feeling UI experiences across all of our product teams from video creation to enterprise
- You will learn the "why" behind your work to effectively contribute and grow as a cross-functional team member
- You will work with your mentors, manager, and others team member to help accelerate your path towards independence
- You will learn how to choose the appropriate level of abstraction for writing different types of tests
- You will learn how to effectively build and deploy a product that millions of users love across the world
What We're Looking For
- No college degree required. Coming from a bootcamp? We'd love to hear from you 😊
- A willingness to raise your hand and ask for support to accelerate your own learning
- Excitement to develop, release and run large-scale web applications
- Passion for UI fluidity and performance
- Experience working with databases (e.g. SQL)
- We use React and Node.js - prior experience with our stack is not necessary but a willingness to learn it is
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Experience writing modular code, working with version control, and unit testing
How We Work
Freedom and Flexibility: At Loom, we believe work is an act, not a place. When we disengage work from a location, we can accommodate a broad range of life choices. You can choose to work from home or while you travel. If you are in the Bay Area, you can drop by our San Francisco office on 2nd and Market St. when reopens in Fall 2021. We are able to hire across the United States and Canada* and are continuing to expand our international presence. And you are free to move within a country without any adjustment to compensation.
Engaging Workday: The key to an engaging workday is finding the right balance between different ways to work sync, async, text and video. Loom makes it easier for us to say what we mean without having to schedule a zoom meeting or struggle to find the right words. And using async communication allows us to free up time for deep work every day. We believe there's a place for sync time - often a conversation on Zoom is exactly what is needed. For team meetings, this ‘sync time’ is typically between 9AM-Noon PT given where the overlap of timezones where Loommates are located.
Work-Rest Balance: The way we balance the fast-paced demands of a high-growth startup and sustainability is making rest a priority. We offer a flexible PTO policy so you're able to take time off when you need it. We also go fully offline once a year between Christmas and New Year (and twice during the Pandemic). Rest is also part of the workday, not just during PTO. Taking a break for personal commitments, whether it's watching the kids or getting some exercise is natural part of the workday.
Social Connection: Relationships and connectedness matter. We are intentional about building trust and relationships through unique, shared experiences. Our virtual workspace keeps us connected day-to-day whether it's through Looms celebrating wins or our buzzing Slack communities. Post-COVID, we want Loommates to meet in person at least twice a year purely for fun. We're also experimenting in local offices as social spaces, starting with San Francisco in Fall 2021.
Perks at Loom
Competitive compensation and equity package
99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
401(k) with 4% company matching
Professional development reimbursement
Mental health and wellness reimbursement
Paid parental leave
Remote work opportunities
Home office & technology reimbursement
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.