Senior Product Marketer
San Francisco or Remote
Marketing – Marketing
Loom is a new kind of work communication tool, already helping over a million people get their message across through instantly shareable videos. Our users work at companies like HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub and LinkedIn. Our mission is to be the global leader in human workplace communication.
Founded in 2016, Loom has raised $15 million from top-tier investors including Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst and Slack Fund.
As our first Product Marketer (and first full-time Marketer), you will play a critical role in our journey. The mission for this role is to help us define a new category of work software - no small feat.
You are responsible for defining and amplifying the Loom story and connecting our product with our users. You develop positioning and messaging, generate customer insights that inform Loom’s product strategy, and create content that tells our story.
We're a small but mighty team, and this is a highly cross-functional role. You are partnering closely with Product, Design, Growth, Sales, Success, Support and Engineering. You’re an analytical thought partner, an advocate for our users, and a champion of our product. Over time, you will help us build out the wider Marketing team. There is significant opportunity for advancement.
- Develop clear positioning, value proposition and messaging, driven by customer insights and data. Use it to build out the broader Loom story
- Craft clear definition of customer needs, market trends, and competitive developments. Define future product needs to inform product development
- Drive market segmentation and persona development, built upon primary audience research
- Develop and execute go-to-market plans in partnership with Sales and Product teams
- Drive qualitative and quantitative research and analysis, synthesize actionable insights, and present clear recommendations
- Craft compelling, differentiated content to communicate our product value to prospective customers
- Drive alignment across stakeholders including Product, Design, Sales, Growth, and Loom's leadership team
- Help us build a world-class Marketing team
- 5+ years in Marketing at a technology company (B2C or user-focused B2B), 3+ years in Product Marketing
- Strong marketing competencies across strategic planning, positioning and messaging, segmentation, content creation, and storytelling
- Ability to create impactful web content, with demonstrated understanding of SEO
- Experience working closely with Product Management, Sales, Design and Engineering teams
- Strong analytical skills, with proven ability to interpret data and qualitative research and distilling into actionable key takeaways. Ability to define KPIs and success metrics
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy
Not required but a plus
- Experience defining customer-centric market requirements for Product Management teams
- Track record of successfully developing stories for new products
- Experience with subscription software and freemium products, additional plus if horizontal SaaS
- Experience working in a start-up or similar fast-paced, scrappy environment
- Experience in Brand, Content or SEO
Perks at Loom
* Competitive compensation and equity package
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage (US-based team), healthcare reimbursement (non-US based team)
* Unlimited PTO
* Remote-first team
* Paid parental leave
* Yearly off-site retreats (this year we went to Costa Rica for a week!)
* Learning & Development reimbursement
* Wellness reimbursement
SF office perks
* Remote weeks every other month
* Daily in-office lunch, unlimited snacks & drinks
* Home office & technology stipends
* New Hire Onboarding in SF
Loom is an equal opportunity employer.
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.