Staff Infrastructure Engineer
San Francisco or Remote /
Loom Team – Engineering /
Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 10M users across 120k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub, and LinkedIn.
Founded in 2015, Loom has raised $73 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Coatue, the Slack Fund, and the founders of Instagram, Figma, and Front.
With the focus on reliability, scalability, efficiency, and high availability, the Infrastructure team is responsible for delivering and operating the foundational infrastructure platforms and secure cloud environment at Loom.
We're looking for a talented and mission-aligned Staff Infrastructure Engineer with strong experience with AWS. In this role, you will take an active role, leading the design and implementation across the ecosystem of infrastructure, tools, and services that the engineering teams build upon, such as our computing platform, service discovery, cloud provisioning, and networking stack. You will be technically challenged with everything from infrastructure tooling, automation, build and deployment pipelines, monitoring and logging architecture, containerization, and more. Your work will drive our key strategic initiatives that enable our engineers to deliver with velocity and improve our infrastructure to handle the next iteration of our recording experiences.
- Design, implement and monitor enterprise-grade secure fault-tolerant AWS cloud infrastructure
- Lead our infrastructure automation effort leveraging Kubernetes, Terraform and Helm
- Be the thought leader for technical design and cultivate innovation by driving cross-collaboration and execution of projects across multiple teams
- Continuously evaluate and identify current system bottlenecks, and drive action plan to improve the scalability of our infrastructure for 10x-100x growth
- Work with extended teams to manage systems and infrastructure required for ongoing development and releases
- Mentor and grow other team members on scalable, resilient techniques, and best practice standards
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in Linux System Administration
- 3+ years of experience with AWS in an enterprise environment; strong knowledge of AWS services and security required
- 3+ years of experience leading and partnering with other senior engineers
- Hands-on technical leadership experience leading project teams and setting technical direction
- Proven track record in architecting and developing distributed systems (AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Demonstrated expertise for leading cross-team technical engineering initiatives around infrastructure automation, cloud efficiency, and adopting best practices
- Bachelor/Master/PhD degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
Perks at Loom:
* Competitive compensation and equity package
* 99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
* Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
* Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401(k) with 4% company matching
* Professional development reimbursement
* Mental health and wellness reimbursement
* Gym reimbursement
* Unlimited PTO
* Paid parental leave
* Remote work opportunities
* Home office & technology reimbursement
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.