Senior Data Scientist
San Francisco or Remote /
Loom Team – Engineering /
Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 4M users across 90k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub, and LinkedIn.
Founded in 2016, Loom has raised $73 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, the Slack Fund, and the founders of Instagram, Figma, and Front.
You will be collaborating with stakeholders across the company to drive key decisions and initiatives, such as go to market and product strategy. We’re looking for passionate people to drive actionable insights and help build our analytics infrastructure.
- Design and develop core business metrics (OKRs), create insightful automated dashboards and data visualization to track progress.
- Partner with product managers, engineers, marketers, designers, and business operations to translate business insights into decisions and action.
- Design and analyze product experiments; communicate results and learnings to the rest of the team.
- Automate analyses and data pipelines while building scalable data infrastructure.
What We're Looking For:
- 4+ years of experience in a data science or analytics role.
- Proficiency in SQL - able to write structured and efficient queries on large data sets.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to synthesize insights into compelling stories.
- Good product and business sense.
- Experience with ETL tools such as Airflow or DBT.
- Experience designing, running, and analyzing A/B tests.
- Working knowledge of Unix command line and git is a good to have.
- Proficiency in R and/or Python is also a good to have.
Perks at Loom:
* Competitive compensation and equity package
* 99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
* Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
* Life insurance
* Long-term disability insurance
* 401(k) with 5% company matching
* Professional development reimbursement
* Mental health and wellness reimbursement
* Gym reimbursement
* Unlimited PTO
* Paid parental leave
* Remote work opportunities
* Yearly off-site retreats (this year was in Barbados)
SF office perks
* Daily lunch on-site
* Unlimited snacks & drinks
* Remote week every other month
* Home office & technology reimbursement
* Co-working space reimbursement
* New-Hire on-boarding in San Francisco (optional)
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.