Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Remote (EST Time Zone) /
Loom Team – Engineering /
Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 4M users across 90k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub, and LinkedIn.
Founded in 2016, Loom has raised $73 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, the Slack Fund, and the founders of Instagram, Figma, and Front.
We are a team of highly motivated and driven engineers who understand how critical the scalability and reliability of infrastructure is to the growth of the company. We are looking for a mix of programming, data infrastructure, and systems operational skills and offer opportunities to grow in both software and systems engineering.
As an infrastructure, you will help us build reliable, secure, scalable infrastructure, and supporting systems to deliver a world-class communication platform for millions of users. You'll help us answer hard technical questions including: How can we make sure video uploads are fast from anywhere in the world? How can we leverage emerging infrastructure technology to reduce server-side processing? How can we optimize the costs of our CDN during rapid growth? How can we use edge processing technology to speed up transcoding? How we build a continuous delivery pipeline to increase engineering velocity?
- Help architect, build, and scale our data infrastructure, with an eye on security and privacy
- Help design and implement a comprehensive monitoring and infrastructure analytics strategy
- Architect, design and develop distributed, high-throughput, and low-latency infrastructure systems with a strong focus on availability, resilience, and durability
- Drive technology decisions for the infrastructure technology stack and develop long-term systems roadmaps throughout Loom's engineering team
- Build relationships to influence stakeholders, partners, and key internal customers
What We're Looking For:
- You have a solid understanding of systems and application design, including the operational trade-offs of different architectures
- Experience operating production databases (Postgres, Redis)at scale, including relevant performance tuning, monitoring, other optimizations
- Adept at root cause analysis in a distributed GNU/Linux systems environment and are comfortable tracing problems through applications, databases, systems, and networks
- You have experience working with technologies like AWS services, service mesh (istio), container orchestration technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, monitoring (Datadog, Prometheus)
- Minimum 5+ years of handling services in a large scale production environment and determining solutions to increase stability, scalability and performance limits of services
- You have worked in cross-functional engineering teams and know how to enable others’ success. You eagerly take ownership and strive to work with others to tackle large problems
- Strong track record of successful practical problem solving, excellent written and social communication, and documentation skills
Perks at Loom:
* Competitive compensation and equity package
* 99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
* Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
* Life insurance
* Long-term disability insurance
* 401(k) with 5% company matching
* Professional development reimbursement
* Mental health and wellness reimbursement
* Gym reimbursement
* Unlimited PTO
* Paid parental leave
* Remote work opportunities
* Yearly off-site retreats (this year was in Barbados)
SF office perks
* Daily lunch on-site
* Unlimited snacks & drinks
* Remote week every other month
* Home office & technology reimbursement
* Co-working space reimbursement
* New-Hire on-boarding in San Francisco (optional)
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.