2021 Summer Infrastructure Engineering Internship
Loom Team – Engineering /
Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 9M users across 120k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub, and LinkedIn.
Founded in 2015, Loom has raised $73 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Coatue, the Slack Fund, and the founders of Instagram, Figma, and Front.
Loom is excited to be offering an infrastructure engineering internship for Summer 2021 for candidates who are pursuing a Bachelor's degree program in Computer Science or a related field with an anticipated graduation date on or after December 2021. Our first intern class will work closely with our engineering team to help build the next iteration of infrastructure and tools for Loom. As a company, we are looking to accelerate information flow between every member of the global workforce. Be it making Loom's video creation faster or more delightful, working to make our infrastructure more performant and reliable, or surfacing the right content in a shared team library to the right audience, you will be working on well-scoped projects that help us learn how to expand the base of how Loom functions as a workplace communication tool.
By the end of your internship, we hope that you walk away confident and fulfilled. You will have delivered real value to our 7M+ strong users while collaborating with a world-class product, design, & engineering team. You will also have learned new skills and gained experience in a high-growth startup that will give you a great perspective for your future career aspirations.
Note: We are unable to have interns internationally and only open to the US at this time.
- Over the course of 3 months, you will be paired with an Infrastructure Engineer at Loom and be given a fully scoped project.
- You will be responsible for building a foundation infrastructure feature or you will help enhance the tooling that our teams use to deliver a scalable, resilient cloud platform.
- You will build a feature end-to-end: through conception, exploration, iteration, maintenance, and polish, in partnership with your infrastructure host.
What We're Looking For:
- Familiarity with working in Linux/Unix environments
- A curious nature with a desire to tackle and solve complex problems
- Drive to learn new technologies, and adapt quickly
- Pursuing a technical degree in Computer Science or related field or training experience with a focus on subjects in software development.
- Passion for productivity tools and supporting power users.
- Great design intuition and user empathy.
Perks at Loom:
* Mental health and wellness reimbursement
* Gym reimbursement
* New Macbook
* Internet reimbursement
* Remote work opportunities
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.