Senior DevOps Engineer
San Francisco or Remote
Engineering – Engineering
Loom is a new kind of work communication tool, helping over a million people get their message across through instantly shareable videos. Our users work at companies like HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub and LinkedIn. Our mission is to be the global leader in human workplace communication.
Founded in 2016, Loom has raised $15 million from top-tier investors including Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst and Slack Fund.
Max speed and accountability are two core values our engineering team cares about deeply. Loom is growing fast and looking for an engineer who prides themselves in taking ownership of a layer of infrastructure that helps us scale not only with our user base but our engineering team as well. Given we ingest, transform and serve a large amount of video, our infrastructure comes with a unique set of challenges which are difficult and rare, yet rewarding to solve.
As we introduce Team and Enterprise offerings, mobile applications, innovate on the core recorders, and explore strategic integrations and partnerships, we anticipate the complexity and scale of our systems to increase by an order of magnitude over the next year. Being the second devops engineer on the team means you will joining very early at one of the most exciting times in our company's history.
- Speed up our build and server boot times
- Improve our system's ability to self-heal
- Work with the Head of Engineering to take on initiatives that lead to large unit economics cost savings
- Architect, implement, and evolve systems and tooling that keep our users' privacy secure
- Improve our monitoring and alerting story in order to achieve higher levels of uptime
- Work with us to make spinning up new services plug-and-play as we add more engineers
- Maintain and introduce government and institutional standards throughout our systems (SOC2, GDPR)
- Explore the possibility of moving our infrastructure to be cloud-agnostic in order to drive down our unit economics and improve our reliability
- Ensure our services offer SLAs to prepare our stack for enterprise customers
- 6+ years of professional DevOps experience
- 2+ years of working within the AWS ecosystem
- 2+ years of programming/scripting experience
- Meaningful time spent as a Senior Engineer or Technical Lead
- Passion for unlocking developer efficiency
- Passion for protecting a user base's privacy
- Ability to wear multiple hats
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy
Nice to have
- Experience working with a configuration-driven, cloud-agnostic infrastructure
- Experience with security and privacy standards (SOC2, HIPAA, GDPR, PCI, etc.)
- Experience working in a start-up or similar fast-paced environment
Perks at Loom
* Competitive compensation and equity package
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage (US-based team), healthcare reimbursement (non-US based team)
* 401K with 5% company matching
* Unlimited PTO
* Remote-first team
* Paid parental leave
* Yearly off-site retreats (this year we went to Costa Rica for a week!)
* Learning & Development reimbursement
* Wellness reimbursement
SF office perks
* Remote weeks every other month
* Daily in-office lunch, unlimited snacks & drinks
* Home office & technology stipends
* New Hire Onboarding in SF
Loom is an equal opportunity employer.
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.