Senior Software Engineer (Desktop Recorder)
San Francisco or Remote
Engineering – Engineering
Loom is a new kind of work communication tool, helping over a million people get their message across through instantly shareable videos. Our users work at companies like HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub and LinkedIn. Our mission is to be the global leader in human workplace communication.
Founded in 2016, Loom has raised $15 million from top-tier investors including Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst and Slack Fund.
Loom is looking for an engineer to take full ownership of our Electron-based desktop recording client. We're changing behavior in the workplace by introducing a new medium of communication and this product is the gateway to this evolution.
This is an extraordinary time here at Loom. We’re introducing Team and Enterprise offerings over the next 6 months, looking to tap into the innovation afforded to us via the metadata captured in video, and are fast approaching Loom Desktop accounting for the majority of the millions of recordings made with Loom. You will be at the heart of all of these efforts pushing our main creation tool forward.
- Build a beautiful, snappy, and native-feeling UI experience in Electron
- Build product features end-to-end: through conception, exploration, maintenance, and polish
- Create a best-in-class auto updating system and deployment scheme that minimizes user friction
- Keep a high standard of system elegance, with which you will design and implement a first-principles based testing framework
- Build seamless integrations such as shared login, automatically suggested attachments that make the product feel magic
- 2+ years of ReactJS (or similar) experience
- Passion for productivity tools and supporting power users
- Great design intuition and user empathy
- Passion for UI fluidity and performance
- Ability to readily learn most technologies on-the-go
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy
- Ability and passion to debug both Windows and Mac environments
Nice to have
- Low-level Electron performance experience
- Fluency with Typescript
- Meaningful time spent as a Sr Engineer or Tech Lead
- Experience working in a start-up or similar fast-paced environment
Perks at Loom
* Competitive compensation and equity package
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage (US-based team), healthcare reimbursement (non-US based team)
* 401K with 5% company matching
* Unlimited PTO
* Remote-first team
* Paid parental leave
* Yearly off-site retreats (this year we went to Costa Rica for a week!)
* Learning & Development reimbursement
* Wellness reimbursement
SF office perks
* Remote weeks every other month
* Daily in-office lunch, unlimited snacks & drinks
* Home office & technology stipends
* New Hire On-boarding in SF
Loom is an equal opportunity employer.
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.