Head of Infrastructure
San Francisco or Remote
Engineering – Engineering
Loom is a new kind of work communication tool, helping over a million people get their message across through instantly shareable videos. Our users work at companies like HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub and LinkedIn. Our mission is to be the global leader in human workplace communication.
Founded in 2016, Loom has raised $15 million from top-tier investors including Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst and Slack Fund.
Loom makes it simple to create HD video content and have it instantly available to share with anyone in the world. Because of this simplicity, multiple years' worth of video content is created on Loom every week from people in almost every country around the world, and we expect this number to continue to rapidly grow. It's vital that Loom continues to be seen as a utility that our users can depend upon. Loom needs to continue to just work. Given the nature of processing video at scale, this is no easy feat and requires being conscious about price, performance, and the evolution of our culture.
As we introduce Team and Enterprise offerings, mobile applications, innovate on the core recorders, and explore strategic integrations and partnerships, we anticipate the complexity and scale of our systems to increase by an order of magnitude over the next year. As the Head of Infrastructure, you will be reporting directly into the Head of Engineering and will have a critical impact at one of the most exciting times in our company's history.
- Lead our infrastructure teams (DevOps, SecOps, and Core Video) and ensure major initiatives and execution happens reliably and on-time
- Work hands-on at first (50/50 management and IC work) and quickly transition into leadership as you scale your team
- Grow and inspire our entire engineering team, leveling up their awareness and understanding of reliability and security
- Develop and own our security and compliance roadmap alongside our Head of Engineering and SecurityOps team member
- Orchestrate efforts alongside our Head of Engineering to ensure our infrastructure meets regulatory requirements necessary to bring on enterprise clients
- Develop our DevOps and tooling roadmap
- Develop and co-own our Core Video roadmap alongside our Head of Engineering
- Help architect and ensure the success of major infrastructure initiatives ranging from migrating CDN providers to transitioning us to multi-cloud
- 6+ years of professional DevOps/infrastructure/SRE experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Experience scaling an infrastructure (either directly or with a team)
- Fluency of working with AWS in production at scale
- Experience creating and growing high-performing teams
- Experience with security and privacy standards (SOC2, HIPAA, GDPR, PCI, etc.)
- Experience working in a start-up or similar fast-paced environment
- Ability to wear multiple hats
- Passion for unlocking developer efficiency
- Passion for protecting a user base's privacy
Nice to have
- Experience scaling a video infrastructure, especially transcoding (compute-bound) or content delivery (memory and network throughput-bound) services
- Experience with Node.js and Docker
- Experience running a configuration-driven, cloud-agnostic infrastructure
Perks at Loom
* Competitive compensation and equity package
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage (US-based team), healthcare reimbursement (non-US based team)
* 401K with 5% company matching
* Unlimited PTO
* Remote-first team
* Paid parental leave
* Yearly off-site retreats (this year we went to Costa Rica for a week!)
* Learning & Development reimbursement
* Wellness reimbursement
SF office perks
* Remote weeks every other month
* Daily in-office lunch, unlimited snacks & drinks
* Home office & technology stipends
* New Hire Onboarding in SF
Loom is an equal opportunity employer.
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.