Software Engineer - Growth
SF or Remote (US Time Zone)
Loom Team – Engineering
Loom is a new kind of work communication tool, helping over a million people get their message across through instantly shareable videos. Our users work at companies like HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub and LinkedIn. Our mission is to be the global leader in human workplace communication.
Founded in 2016, Loom has raised $15 million from top-tier investors including Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst and Slack Fund.
Loom is looking for an experienced software engineer to join our Growth team and take ownership of rapid iteration and experimentation across all product surfaces. You will see your work immediately, and it will tangibly move the bottom line of the business, while shaping our experimentation infrastructure for years to come.
This is an extraordinary time here at Loom. We launched our first desktop app and our first paid plan in early 2019, and will be introducing Team and Enterprise offerings over the next 6 months. The Growth team formed mid 2019, meaning you'll have an outsized influence on how we build out the team for years to come. Loom is already used by more than 1 million users, so while the team is still small, our product already has the scale for meaningful data-driven experimentation. We use this to build and test iterative changes to the user experience, driving key business metrics from new user acquisition and virality to retention and monetization. You will be at the heart of all of these efforts.
- Loom is already mission critical for teams across thousands of companies, and you will help bring Loom to millions of teams in the future.
- Build, ship, and maintain features and A/B tests designed to move key business metrics, as the primary technical owner
- Help us scale Loom as a new category of work communication tool. You'll build viral sharing loops helping new users discover Loom, a smooth on-boarding experience for millions of users, clear paths to understanding the value of our plans and upgrading to the right one, and much more
- Directly analyze data in order to inform engineering and business decisions, and help us maintain and grow a data-driven culture
- Drive initiatives to build out our analytics and experimentation infrastructure, eventually shaping requirements for a data engineering team
- Help scale the Growth engineering team (and the entire Loom team) by helping us hire and onboard other world class individuals into the team
- 6+ years of professional experience as a software engineer, incl. 2+ years of ReactJS (or similar) experience
- Meaningful experience working on or in close collaboration with a Growth team
- Passion for developing features on an experimental basis, knowing that while some may succeed many will fail. You derive satisfaction from directly moving key business metrics
- Experience building or using A/B testing tools. Deep familiarity with statistical significance and common types of statistical bias
- Strong SQL skills, experience with statistical data analysis, data integration, and manipulating large data sets
- Experience working on a product going through rapid-growth or with a large existing user base — your work is well-crafted and well-tested for scale
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy
- Ability and passion to debug experiences across various OS platforms and browsers
- Great design intuition and user empathy
Not required but preferred
- Familiarity with tools like Segment, LaunchDarkly, Amplitude, Google Analytics, Amazon Redshift, Jupyter Notebook, Snowflake
- Fluency with NodeJS and Postgres
Perks at Loom
* Competitive compensation and equity package
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage (US-based team), healthcare reimbursement (non-US based team)
* Unlimited PTO
* Remote-first team
* Paid parental leave
* Yearly off-site retreats (this year we went to Costa Rica for a week!)
* Learning & Development reimbursement
* Wellness reimbursement
SF office perks
* Remote weeks every other month
* Daily in-office lunch, unlimited snacks & drinks
* Home office & technology stipends
* New Hire On-boarding in SF
Loom is an equal opportunity employer.
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.