Senior Engineering Manager, Company
San Francisco or Remote /
Loom Team – Engineering /
Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 7M users across 90k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub, and LinkedIn.
Founded in 2015, Loom has raised $73 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Coatue, the Slack Fund, and the founders of Instagram, Figma, and Front.
About The Company Team:
The Company Team is responsible for Loom's main web products (search, dashboard, notifications, etc.), shared teams workspaces, and its enterprise features. These product experiences will help grow wall-to-wall adoption into the over 90,000 companies we have on our platform whose total employee count is more than 100 million. This team is critical to Loom's destiny of being a reliable communication utility for teams of all configurations.
This is an extraordinary time here at Loom. We launched our first desktop app and our first paid plan in early 2019. The Company Team has already helped deliver the foundations of an Enterprise offering that has seen the evolution of a Loom for individuals to a Loom for teams over the past 6 months. This new Loom, is the first product experiences with network effects. Loom is already used by more than 7 million users, so while the team is still relatively small considering our reach, the product already has the scale for meaningful product decisions backed by data. These decisions within the Company Team will decide the growth of not only internal company adoption but also significant revenue growth and expansion.
Loom is looking for an experienced and empathetic senior engineering manager to join our Company Team, scale it up, lead it, and inspire everyone they interact with. The person who fills this role will start by working with product to understand the roadmap that needs to be built, make hiring and scope recommendations, and deliver against them. This person will be a technical leader who can guide their teams technically from within, although they aren't expected to write code. This leader is also a strong people focused leader, embodies the values we seek in our engineering leaders to delivery with velocity, continuously demonstrate cross team ownership, fail forward in the face of adversity, and an inner drive to open black boxes. The engineering manager who comes in to lead the Company Team should be have experience with managing remote and distributed teams.
- You will lead and manage our Company Team, building on the foundations to grow the team-focused evolution of Loom, owning sprints of iteration after.
- You will manage and advise our Company Team on technical house-keeping initiatives and ensure we are able to consistently pay down technical debt while meeting product delivery timelines.
- You will recruit, hire and train your team, building a sense of belonging and psychological safety. Growing each member from a place of empathy and good intentions.
- You will work with other product and engineering leaders to create new and existing product success metrics and drive towards them.
- You will help pair and brainstorm with engineers on architectural and technical topics.
What We're Looking For:
- Managed a team of 10 or more engineers
- Managed other managers or responsible for the work of teams not reporting up to you
- Managed remote engineers distributed across multiple timezones
- 6+ years of professional full-time experience as a software engineer
- 2+ years of engineering management experience
- Led projects with multiple stakeholders and helped drive towards clarity and decision velocity
- Enterprise or teams-oriented product experience
- Track record of hiring, retaining, and growing senior engineering talent
- Track record of shipping new products and iterating on them over time
Perks at Loom:
* Competitive compensation and equity package
* 99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
* Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
* Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
* Long-term disability insurance
* 401(k) with 4% company matching
* Professional development reimbursement
* Mental health and wellness reimbursement
* Gym reimbursement
* Unlimited PTO
* Paid parental leave
* Remote work opportunities
* Home office & technology reimbursement
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.