Product Design Manager
San Francisco or Remote
Design – Design
Loom has helped over a million people get their message across through instantly shareable videos. With Loom, you can capture your screen, record your front-facing camera, and narrate your video all at once — no switching apps or upload required.
Our mission is to be the global leader in human workplace communication. You will play a critical role in our journey by leading our Product Design team.
Our design team loves creating meaningful and authentic product experiences. We're a flexible and collaborative team guided by data, feedback, and a user-centered approach to our process. Loom is an inherently viral video recording and sharing product and we are growing every day, so this role requires a certain level of flexibility. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and who is not afraid of a challenge 🌟
- Lead a small and growing team of Product Designers. You will report to the CEO and be directly responsible for the design team.
- Inspire your team through your work and continually push the envelope on how Loom utilizes human-centered design and execution.
- Execute design projects from ideation through implementation with engineering. While this is a managerial role, you will be expected to contribute individually until the team is larger.
- Lead the charge on building a best-in-class design team.
- Create a culture of empowerment and responsibility for the design team.
- Communicate with teammates at the executive and founder level to show the importance of human-centered design.
- Include a variety of perspectives into the design process. Leveraging the diverse talent and knowledge to elevate your work and the product.
- Continue to experiment with and iterate on Loom's design process, stand ups, engineering hand offs, and project timelines.
- Embrace Loom's "remote-first" culture by collaborating with team members spanning multiple time zones across the globe.
- Contribute to a positive and empowering company culture.
- You’re a world-class designer with a breadth of design expertise. You’ve spent 6+ years designing exceptional user experiences, finding elegant and compelling solutions to complex problems. Your portfolio showcases your breath of talents — including research, user experience, interface, prototyping, and illustration work.
- You are comfortable designing primarily for desktop but across all platforms. You understand the nature of a SaaS product for the workplace will primarily be on desktop and enjoy the design challenges associated with that. Designing for iOS and Android are also within your wheelhouse.
- You’re customer obsessed and you design for impact. You care deeply that your work makes a significant impact on the lives of millions of people. You seek ways to find empathy and anticipate the needs and desires of customers.
- You are data driven. You are fluent in user research methodologies and are comfortable leading efforts to get key feedback the team needs to drive product
- You are comfortable working under changing and ambiguous environments. You know the demands of every position at an early-stage startup can change quickly relative to large companies. You don't shy away from finding the work that needs to be done, enabling others to do that work, or doing it yourself.
- Seasoned end-to-end designer. You have 6+ years of professional experience across product and design functions at a consumer or SaaS internet company. You've dove deep into business needs, research, user experience, prototyping, interaction, visuals, and implementation. You know your craft well.
- Experience directly leading a team of designers and driving the development of a company-wide design culture. Your previous managerial responsibilities may have included communicating with leadership, developing processes, setting design documentation standards, developing design systems, setting goals with members of your team, and removing roadblocks to enable them to reach their potentials.
- Proven track record. Work closely with Product Managers to develop and refine product requirements, creating solutions, and getting buy-in from stakeholders.
- "In the know". You're up-to-date with recent design trends and best-practices including processes, visuals, and tools.
Perks at Loom
- Work with a driven, welcoming team at a company that is changing how people communicate every single day
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage (US-based)
- Unlimited PTO
- Yearly off-site retreats (this year we went to Costa Rica for a week!)
- Remote weeks every-other-month. Work from the beach, mountains, home... The world is your oyster!
- Learning & Development stipend
- Healthy lunch catered every day + snacks and beer in-stock (SF office)
- Healthcare stipend (non-US-based)
- Home office & technology stipends (remote)
- At least two all-expenses-paid trip to San Francisco every year (remote)
Loom is an equal opportunity employer.
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.