Senior Infrastructure Engineer
United States /
Loom Team – Engineering /
Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 12M users across 200k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including Netflix, HubSpot, Atlassian, Juniper Networks, and Twitter.
Founded in 2015, Loom has raised over $200 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Coatue, and Andreessen Horowitz.
With the focus on reliability, scalability, efficiency, and high availability, the Infrastructure team is responsible for delivering and operating the foundational infrastructure platforms and secure cloud environment at Loom.
We're looking for an Infrastructure Engineer with a strong cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) experience. In this role, you will be designing and implementing across the ecosystem of infrastructure, tools, and services that the engineering teams build upon, such as our computing platform, service discovery, cloud provisioning, and networking stack. You will be technically challenged with everything from infrastructure tooling, automation, build and deployment pipelines, monitoring and logging architecture, containerization, and more. Your work will help to drive our key strategic initiatives that enable our engineers to deliver with velocity and improve our infrastructure to handle the next iteration of our recording experiences.
* We are currently hiring remotely in the United States and Canada
- Design, implement and monitor enterprise-grade secure fault-tolerant cloud infrastructure
- Build infrastructure automation tools and frameworks leveraging Kubernetes, Terraform, and Helm
- Continuously evaluate and identify current system bottlenecks, and implement solutions to improve the scalability of our infrastructure for 10x-100x growth
- Work with extended teams to manage systems and infrastructure required for ongoing development and releases
- You will help grow the team by mentoring and interviewing other talented engineers that want to join Loom
- Performing zero or minimal downtime migrations of core data stores
- Fail over & rollout strategies for our data stores hosted on AWS
- Building a resilient & cost-effective metrics aggregation pipeline
- Lead & improve ongoing efforts towards Infrastructure as Code
- Instrumenting CI/CD pipelines and making e2e build, deploy & release faster for engineers
- Working cross collaboratively to improve on-call & incident response process across the engineering org
- Influence the design & decisions for moving engineering practices & tooling towards a service-ownership model
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in Linux System Administration
- 3+ years of experience with cloud services and security in an enterprise environment
- Experience working with technologies like AWS services, service mesh (like Istio), container orchestration technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, monitoring (like Datadog, Prometheus)
- Demonstrated expertise for leading cross-team technical engineering initiatives around infrastructure automation, cloud efficiency, and adopting best practices
- Ability to readily learn most technologies on-the-go.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy.
How We Work
Freedom and Flexibility: At Loom, we believe work is an act, not a place. When we disengage work from a location, we can accommodate a broad range of life choices. You can choose to work from home or while you travel. If you are in the Bay Area, you can drop by our San Francisco office on 2nd and Market St. when reopens in Fall 2021. We are able to hire across the United States and Canada* and are continuing to expand our international presence. And you are free to move within a country without any adjustment to compensation.
Engaging Workday: The key to an engaging workday is finding the right balance between different ways to work sync, async, text and video. Loom makes it easier for us to say what we mean without having to schedule a zoom meeting or struggle to find the right words. And using async communication allows us to free up time for deep work every day. We believe there's a place for sync time - often a conversation on Zoom is exactly what is needed. For team meetings, this ‘sync time’ is typically between 9AM-Noon PT given where the overlap of timezones where Loommates are located.
Work-Rest Balance: The way we balance the fast-paced demands of a high-growth startup and sustainability is making rest a priority. We offer a flexible PTO policy so you're able to take time off when you need it. We also go fully offline once a year between Christmas and New Year (and twice during the Pandemic). Rest is also part of the workday, not just during PTO. Taking a break for personal commitments, whether it's watching the kids or getting some exercise is natural part of the workday.
Social Connection: Relationships and connectedness matter. We are intentional about building trust and relationships through unique, shared experiences. Our virtual workspace keeps us connected day-to-day whether it's through Looms celebrating wins or our buzzing Slack communities. Post-COVID, we want Loommates to meet in person at least twice a year purely for fun. We're also experimenting in local offices as social spaces, starting with San Francisco in Fall 2021.
Perks at Loom
Competitive compensation and equity package
99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
401(k) with 4% company matching
Professional development reimbursement
Mental health and wellness reimbursement
Paid parental leave
Remote work opportunities
Home office & technology reimbursement
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.