Senior Full Stack Engineer (Integrations)
San Francisco or Remote
Engineering – Engineering
Loom is a new kind of work communication tool, helping over a million people get their message across through instantly shareable videos. Our users work at companies like HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub and LinkedIn. Our mission is to be the global leader in human workplace communication.
Founded in 2016, Loom has raised $15 million from top-tier investors including Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst and Slack Fund.
Loom is rapidly growing because it was designed to coexist anywhere communication happens. The simplicity of having an instantly-shareable link to a video you just recorded is powerful, and we're looking to make sharing that link and creating content without switching to our platform as seamless as possible. If the idea of building product and systems that are reusable, plug-and-play, extensible, and viral by their nature excites you, this role is for you.
As Loom's first integrations engineer, you will be bringing the power of the Loom recording experience to the rest of the internet. You will be changing the way we communicate in a workplace that's rapidly globalizing and distributing. Because you will be the first person building these integrations, you will have autonomy over the product feel, flow, and the partnership roadmap.
- Build integrations for workspace platforms like Salesforce, HubSpot, and Atlassian
- Work with product to understand the general flows for our integrations and how we can make them modular and extensible
- Release official Loom SDKs so others can integrate the Loom recording and viewing experience anywhere they want
- Build beautiful and powerful marketing, demo, and documentation pages that get people excited about the possibility of leveraging our integrations and SDKs
- Implement extensive monitoring and testing to ensure we know when and where our experiences break
- Leverage our web recording utility that allows for no-install recordings in the browser and occasionally dive into the recording logic to extend its functionality and help increase its reliability
- Ensure our users' privacy is secured and respected by building safe code that can run anywhere on the web
- Join meetings with enterprise customers who are asking for integrations and help our business and product understand the engineering build and maintenance cost
- Help us understand when we might need to scale out the team in order to build more integrations or maintain uptime standards
- Work with our Head of Engineering to brainstorm ways to evangelize our integrations and SDK
- 6+ years of professional full-stack engineering experience
- 4+ years of working within the browser (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Passion for building product meant to be leveraged and extended
- Ability to wear multiple hats
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy
Nice to have:
- Experience building SDKs and integrations from scratch and at scale (100,000+ users)
- Meaningful time spent as a Sr. Engineer or Technical Lead
- Experience working in a start-up or similar fast-paced environment
Perks at Loom
* Competitive compensation and equity package
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage (US-based team), healthcare reimbursement (non-US based team)
* 401K with 5% company matching
* Unlimited PTO
* Remote-first team
* Paid parental leave
* Yearly off-site retreats (this year we went to Costa Rica for a week!)
* Learning & Development reimbursement
* Wellness reimbursement
SF office perks
* Remote weeks every other month
* Daily in-office lunch, unlimited snacks & drinks
* Home office & technology stipends
* New Hire On-boarding in SF
Loom is an equal opportunity employer.
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.