Senior Full Stack Engineer - Frontend Focus
San Francisco or Remote
Loom Team – Engineering
Loom is a new kind of work communication tool, helping over a million people get their message across through instantly shareable videos. Our users work at companies like HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub and LinkedIn. Our mission is to be the global leader in human workplace communication.
Founded in 2016, Loom has raised $15 million from top-tier investors including Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst and Slack Fund.
Our product is atypical compared to most startups, the client breadth is quite wide. We have a Web App, Chrome Extension, Desktop Applications on both Mac and Windows, and we're building a customizable no-install recording experience to be integrated across the web, all while building out our mobile app. Loom is looking for a full-stack engineer passionate about front-end technologies and standards to build features and infrastructure to enhance a new communication experience.
This is an extraordinary time here at Loom. We’re introducing Team and Enterprise offerings over the next 6 months, looking to tap into the innovation afforded to us via the metadata captured in video, improving our infrastructure to handle the next iteration of our recording experiences, and introducing new means of collaboration on our platform. Your responsibilities and area of impact will span across most of these areas.
- Build a beautiful, snappy, and native-feeling UI experience across all of our clients
- Set standards for performance, resource consumption, and accessibility across our organization and implement tooling to match where necessary
- You will build product features end-to-end: through conception, exploration, maintenance, polish, and testing
- You'll keep a high standard of system elegance, with which you will design and implement a first-principles based, scalable, and shareable components through the organization
- Push Loom's feature set to go beyond on-platform created video with features like non-blocking video uploads, and online video editing
- Passion for semantic HTML, CSS and accessibility (A11y)
- 2+ years of ReactJS (or similar) experience
- Meaningful time spent as a Senior or Staff Engineer
- Passion for productivity tools and supporting power users
- Great design intuition and user empathy
- Passion for UI fluidity and performance
- Ability to readily learn most technologies on-the-go
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy
Nice to have:
- Fluency with Typescript
- Experience working in a start-up or similar fast-paced environment
Perks at Loom
* Competitive compensation and equity package
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage (US-based team), healthcare reimbursement (non-US based team)
* 401K with 5% company matching
* Unlimited PTO
* Remote-first team
* Paid parental leave
* Yearly off-site retreats (this year we went to Costa Rica for a week!)
* Learning & Development reimbursement
* Wellness reimbursement
SF office perks
* Remote weeks every other month
* Daily in-office lunch, unlimited snacks & drinks
* Home office & technology stipends
* New Hire Onboarding in SF
Loom is an equal opportunity employer.
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.