San Francisco or Remote
Loom Team – Engineering
Loom is a more effective way to communicate in the workplace that's already trusted by more than 1.8M users across more than 50k companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies, including HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub, and LinkedIn.
Founded in 2016, Loom has raised $45 million from top-tier investors including Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia, and the founders of Instagram, Figma and Front.
Loom is rapidly scaling and developing its infrastructure, video platform, and video clients to support a fast-growing user base. As a systems engineer, you will help us build reliable, secure, scalable infrastructure and video systems to deliver a world-class communication platform for millions of users.
You'll help us answer hard technical questions like:
- How can we make sure video uploads are fast from anywhere in the world?
- How can we leverage emerging browser technology to reduce our server-side processing burdens?
- How can we optimize our CDN spend during rapid growth?
- How can we use edge processing technology to speed up transcoding?
- Design and develop fast, scalable software to support Loom's core infrastructure, especially its core video systems
- Debug multiple infrastructure services at scale
- Analyze and optimize network performance on both the client and server side of Loom's systems
- Help develop long-term systems roadmaps throughout Loom's engineering team
- Help develop Loom's infrastructure analytics, metrics, and monitoring systems
- At least 5 years experience working on systems engineering projects
- Expert skills in at least one general purpose programming language
- Strong skills in at least one dynamic scripting language
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems, especially around networking
- Knowledge of modern infrastructure automation technology, such as Terraform
- Solid communication skills to enable knowledge sharing across the engineering team and the company
Perks at Loom
* Competitive compensation and equity package
* 99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
* Flex spending plan and Dependent care flex spending plan
* Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
* Life insurance coverage
* Long-term disability insurance
* 401(k) with 5% company matching
* Professional development reimbursement
* Mental health and wellness reimbursement
* Gym reimbursement
* Unlimited PTO
* Paid parental leave
* Remote work opportunities
* Yearly off-site retreats (this year was in Barbados)
SF office perks
* Daily lunch on-site
* Unlimited snacks & drinks
* Remote week every other month
* Home office & technology reimbursement
* Co-working space reimbursement
* New-Hire on-boarding in San Francisco (optional)
Loom is an equal opportunity employer.
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.