Infrastructure Security Engineer
San Francisco or Remote
Loom Team – Engineering
Loom is a more effective way to communicate in the workplace that's already trusted by more than 1.8M users across more than 50k companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies, including HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub, and LinkedIn.
Founded in 2016, Loom has raised $45 million from top-tier investors including Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia, and the founders of Instagram, Figma and Front.
As our first infrastructure security engineer, you will secure Loom's next-generation video service for millions of users. You should be able to hack us, and show your work — and then make us better.
- Build Enterprise-grade cloud infrastructure and policies
- Build security product features — innovate on key management with KMS, rationalize data layer logical isolation, make SSO cool in 2020, and a lot more
- Stay up to date with Linux zero-days
- Establish and enforce application security best practices
- Conduct internal penetration tests
- Analyze our infrastructure and our applications for potential vulnerabilities
- Coordinate incident response and assess inbound vulnerability reports
- At least 5 years experience working on security infrastructure projects
- Expert knowledge of AWS security best practices
- Strong skills with common infosec tooling, e.g. nmap and snort
- Solid communication skills to enable knowledge sharing and encourage good internal security practices
Perks at Loom
* Competitive compensation and equity package
* 99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
* Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
* Life insurance
* Long-term disability insurance
* 401(k) with 5% company matching
* Professional development reimbursement
* Mental health and wellness reimbursement
* Gym reimbursement
* Unlimited PTO
* Paid parental leave
* Remote work opportunities
* Yearly off-site retreats (this year was in Barbados)
SF office perks
* Daily lunch on-site
* Unlimited snacks & drinks
* Remote week every other month
* Home office & technology reimbursement
* Co-working space reimbursement
* New-Hire on-boarding in San Francisco (optional)
Loom is an equal opportunity employer.
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.