Community & Events Manager – UX Research
About User Interviews
At User Interviews, we believe that the best companies in the world consistently deliver products and experiences that their customers love. We also believe that the only way to consistently build those products and experiences is to talk to your customers. Watch what they do. Understand why they do what they do. Figure out why they do things that seem irrational. And once you’ve done that once, do it again. Start having constant conversations. In short, make customers your #1 priority through user research.
That’s why we exist. We help teams set up those conversations, allowing them to discover and embrace user insights. We currently do that by making it fast and easy to talk to customers, or potential customers, to help with product, design, or marketing decisions. We work with hundreds of companies every month, including user-centric organizations like Atlassian, Amazon, and Spotify.
About the Role
You'll focus on engaging prospects, customers, the greater UX research, and product communities. You'll do this through compelling events and experiences—live and async, user-generated and User Interviews facilitated, remote, and (hopefully, eventually) in-person.
This role will help drive our sponsored and owned event strategy. You'll also help build new and engage existing communities across social, forums, Slack, and more. You’ll work closely with Growth, Product, Revenue, and, of course, the Marketing team. This is a big, exciting job in a really fun space (for someone who thinks this is a really fun space).
- 📆 Establish and maintain a diverse, repeatable events program—webinar series, AMAs, etc.
- ⭐️ Run memorable events that get audiences engaged, spark conversations, and make people stay tuned for what’s up next.
- 🤝 Consult and collaborate with user research experts, internal stakeholders, and external partners to create compelling B2B events.
- 🌱 Grow our following, nurture relationships, and drive engagement with user researchers on social media, Slack, and more.
- ⚖️ Established an owned User Interviews community… but only if that move makes sense and delivers real value for us and our audience. We’re looking for someone who can help weigh our strategic options.
- 📈 Deliver tangible results. You know how to track, measure, and report on the ROI/value of community and events efforts.
- This position will report to the well-hydrated and very delightful Content & Community Director, who has never ever ordered takeout from a place down the street when she could have easily walked there. Not once, ever.
What success looks like
- 📝 Are a strong and proactive communicator. As a fully distributed team, we frequently collaborate over Slack, email, and in shared docs—being able to express yourself clearly via these channels is essential.
- 💞 Love talking to people, and are excited to get to know our researchers, participants, partners, and team.
- 🎉 Understand how to use social, email, and other key distribution channels to promote events, nurture leads, and grow our audience.
- 👍 Enjoy growing a following, having conversations, and coming up with creative ways to spark meaningful engagement on social media (where our audience is now).
- 💬 Are adept at wrangling people, content, stakeholders, logistics to run successful events.
- 👯 Take ownership, but are willing and eager to work with others.
- ⏰ Know how to manage your time and energy to stay within scope and meet deadlines.
- 🤓 Can’t wait to geek out about user research.
- You have a fundamental curiosity about people. Our entire company is built around the importance of interviewing users—that spirit of listening and learning should be reflected in our community and events program, too.
- You have 3+ years of experience in a community and/or events role within a B2B/Saas environment. We’ll also consider candidates with a UX/user research background who know the space inside and out, and are eager to create engagement there.
- Competitive Salary: $75-90k
- 100% premium covered medical + dental employee coverage
- Annual membership to One Medical Group
- 401k + employer contribution
- 4 weeks of PTO to start + accrue an additional day per year of employment
- Unlimited wellness days - Sick? Doctors appointment? Mental health day? We’ve got you covered.
- Flexible, paid parental leave
- Stock options for every employee
- $250 Office setup budget
- Annual learning & development stipend
- Performance-based incentive plans
- Awards for 360-degree recognition, work anniversaries, & birthdays
- 1-2 team retreats per year (virtual and in-person options)
User Interviews is a fully remote team (even in the before times). We are proactive about staying connected to one another despite not sharing the same physical space. Remote culture is real and we care about it—a lot.
We’re a team of doers. You’ll be fully supported by your manager and team, but there won’t be anyone peering over your shoulder. You’ll be expected and trusted to take ownership of your work, and to communicate clearly and transparently with your distributed teammates.
On a related note, we’re very pro-feedback. From our users, of course. But also from each other. From individual contributors right up to the CEO, this is a team that is genuinely committed to continuous improvement.
We embrace what makes you, you!
We are committed to accessibility, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We build products for and welcome participants, researchers, and employees from a diverse set of backgrounds. These backgrounds include—but are not limited to—varied socioeconomic status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, race, ethnicity, age, neurodivergence, disability, and citizenship.
As we grow, we are aware that this work is continuous. We will not settle for how things are, but rather strive for how they could be.