Senior Data Scientist, Analytics
About User Interviews
At User Interviews, we believe that the best companies in the world consistently deliver products and experiences that their customers love. We also believe that the only way to consistently build those products and experiences is to talk to your customers. Watch what they do. Understand why they do what they do. Figure out why they do things that seem irrational. And once you’ve done that once, do it again. Start having constant conversations. In short, make customers your #1 priority through user research.
That’s why we exist. We help teams set up those conversations, allowing them to discover and embrace user insights. We currently do that by making it fast and easy to talk to customers, or potential customers, to help with product, design, or marketing decisions. We work with hundreds of companies every month, including user-centric organizations like Atlassian, Amazon, and Spotify.
About the Role
The mission of the Analytics team at User Interviews is to own all of the company’s data and to analyze it in ways that help us make better decisions. We work with every team, including Product, Marketing, Sales, Operations, and executives, across diverse data sets. As a Senior Data Scientist, you’ll be involved throughout projects, from planning, to building, to assessing.
- Use analytical skills to create and test hypotheses, and visualization/presentation skills to communicate results to your stakeholders.
- Help people across the company use information to make the best decisions possible.
- Work with large data sets across multiple problem areas. This includes vetting new datasets as they come in and developing deep intuition about how all of our data fits together.
- Own your team's experimentation and modeling.
- Focus on automating reporting tools and dashboards so that we can spend more time on the most complex problems.
- Work with other Analytics teammates, including Data Engineering, to level up our skills and knowledge.
Some sample projects that the Analytics team has helped with
- How can we improve customer retention?
- What should the Product team build next? Once it’s built, how does it perform?
- How much should we charge for our subscription offering?
- What happens when we move a company to a subscription?
- What defines success for the Operations team?
- Fluency in SQL, and proficiency in either R or Python
- Knowledge of statistics and other data analysis methods
- Experience working with large, complex datasets, preferably at a software company
- Ability to verify, analyze, and present data in ways that other stakeholders can internalize
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and does not now or in the future require sponsorship for visa status
- Nice to Have’s:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in a quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, or Economics); professional experience in Data Science can be a replacement
- Experience working with engineering to build good data infrastructure
- 100% premium covered medical + dental employee coverage
- Annual membership to One Medical Group & Talkspace
- 401k + employer contribution
- 4 weeks of PTO to start + accrue an additional day per year of employment
- Unlimited wellness days - Sick? Doctors appointment? Mental health day? We’ve got you covered.
- Flexible, paid parental leave
- Stock options for every employee
- $250 Office setup budget
- Annual learning & development stipend
- Performance-based incentive plans
- Awards for 360-degree recognition, work anniversaries, & birthdays
- 1-2 team retreats per year (virtual and in-person options)
User Interviews is a fully remote team (even in the before times). We are proactive about staying connected to one another despite not sharing the same physical space. Remote culture is real and we care about it—a lot.
We’re a team of doers. You’ll be fully supported by your manager and team, but there won’t be anyone peering over your shoulder. You’ll be expected and trusted to take ownership of your work, and to communicate clearly and transparently with your distributed teammates.
On a related note, we’re very pro-feedback. From our users, of course. But also from each other. From individual contributors right up to the CEO, this is a team that is genuinely committed to continuous improvement.
We embrace what makes you, you!
We are committed to accessibility, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We build products for and welcome participants, researchers, and employees from a diverse set of backgrounds. These backgrounds include—but are not limited to—varied socioeconomic status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, race, ethnicity, age, neurodivergence, disability, and citizenship.
As we grow, we are aware that this work is continuous. We will not settle for how things are, but rather strive for how they could be.