User Interviews helps teams discover and embrace user insights by streamlining the user research process. We believe this is what allows companies and products to succeed. We know, because our first company flopped—read our origin story.
You'll be joining a team that cares deeply about talking to our users, creating great experiences for them, and incorporating their feedback into everything we do. Plus, it is a chance to build a product used by your peers at world class companies. There is a fun-meta-geekiness to the whole thing that never gets old.
We work in an adapted version of Basecamp's shape up where teams work on efforts in a fixed time / variable scope framework. Our PM/PD pairs split time between two engineering duos where each squad (PM, PD, and two engineers) work through what the solution will look like and how we can get there.
We do all our work in engineering duos. You and your partner in crime will figure out implementation details and attack the problem as you see fit. Everyone works on the full stack and contributes to every aspect of the product life cycle. We are always looking to add more people to teach and learn from as we build our team and product.
- React, Webpack, and SCSS using BEM
- Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, ActiveInteraction, and RSpec
- Hosted on Heroku using Github and CircleCI for CI and automated testing
- Anywhere from 4+ years of industry experience with React or Ruby on Rails. Experience with both is a bonus.
Ideal Candidate Qualities
- Strong industry experience which can be added to our knowledge base
- Ability to learn quickly and adjust based on new requirements and direction
- A desire to influence the product in a meaningful way
- Curiosity to constantly learn new better ways to build software
- An interest in helping other engineers on the team learn and grow
- Salary ranging from $110 - $140k / year based on seniority of hire with access to stock options.
- An integral part of a growing team with the ability to shape company and engineering culture.
- License to investigate any aspect of a product and take ownership of what is interesting to you.
- Fully remote team which embraces async communication to optimize personal work schedules.
- Unlimited wellness days with a culture around personal growth inside and outside of work.
- Access to a 401k with company contributions.
- 3 weeks of PTO, holidays, and paid family leave.
- Full company in person off-sites (currently remote due to the pandemic).
- Weekly "water cooler" meetings with activities including Codenames tournaments, Sporkle challenges, and showing off our islands in Animal Crossing.
- Weekly engineering brunch and learns to discuss what we're working on or learning in and outside of the workplace.
- Cool inside jokes and references like Rs and Ps, Party Gritty, and Tacos.
- We're a fully remote team (even in the before times). We are proactive about staying close to one another despite not sharing the same physical space. Remote culture is real and we care about it – a lot.
- We care a lot about feedback. From our users, of course. But also from each other. We hold company wide retros to make sure we're always improving and everyone has a place to voice their feedback.
- We're a little weird? We're fun? We're empathetic? Don't worry about it too much, there will be plenty of time to get to know us as we get to know you.
We rely on a series of short, fully remote, interviews to introduce you to our team and get to learn more about you and your skill sets. After a phone screen, we have a series of two 60-90 minutes exercises which will be conducted with members of our team. After that you will get to meet a few more members of the team to ensure we will be a good fit for each other.