Head of Consumer Marketing (Supply Side)
About User Interviews
At User Interviews, we believe that the best companies in the world consistently deliver products and experiences that their customers love. We also believe that the only way to consistently build those products and experiences is to talk to your customers. Watch what they do. Understand why they do what they do. Figure out why they do things that seem irrational. And once you’ve done that once, do it again. Start having constant conversations. In short, make customers your #1 priority through user research.
That’s why we exist. We help teams set up those conversations, allowing them to discover and embrace user insights. We currently do that by making it fast and easy to talk to customers, or potential customers, to help with product, design, or marketing decisions. We work with hundreds of companies every month, including user-centric organizations like Atlassian, Amazon, and Spotify.
About the Role
In this role, you'll lead all marketing functions on the supply (participant) side of our SaaS marketplace.
To begin, you’ll be a team of 1, perhaps 2, with the idea the team will expand over time. So the right fit would ideally have a breadth of experience across several marketing channels with paid/performance/growth marketing experience being the most important. You’ll need to be willing to roll up your sleeves and do most/all of the work to begin, but start building a team over time that may include paid/performance, CRO, SEO, lifecycle/email, events, content, community, and more.
The participant marketing function is new at User Interviews, but much needed. You'll be charged with finding a channel-market fit, then scaling what works. You’ll help set supply-side goals that improve our fulfillment rate in targeted areas and over time demonstrate mastery over our participant funnel and the levers we can pull to hit our goals. You’ll report directly to the VP of marketing and growth and be their right hand in all things supply side.
This is a big and important role with huge potential at a quickly scaling, great-to-work at, fully remote company.
- Strong written and spoken communicator. You can get to the point quickly, explaining to folks with a variety of levels of data proficiency where we are, why we're there, and where we're going next.
- Deep data skills from Excel to BI tools like Looker (we use Mode), SQL nice to have, but most importantly ability to separate signal from noise, know where to focus, how to extract insights from data, and use those insights to scale our marketing efforts.
- Experience in multiple marketing functions such as growth experiments, a/b testing, CRO, SEO, paid (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, especially), marketing tech stacks and customer data, lifecycle/email/CRM, demand gen/getting sales qualified leads, product marketing, content & community. Demonstrated success in these areas as important as experience.
- Supply-side marketplace experience is a huge plus. We are both a SaaS business and a marketplace business, so experience in both business models is by no means required but nice to have.
- Ability to wear many hats, relentlessly prioritize, know where to focus both self and, eventually, a growing team. Willingness to get in weeds, then ability to zoom out and think strategically, and bounce back and forth between the two.
- Competitive Salary, $125-175k base depending on experience
- 100% premium covered medical + dental employee coverage
- Annual membership to One Medical Group & Talkspace
- 401k + employer contribution
- 4 weeks of PTO to start + accrue an additional day per year of employment
- Unlimited wellness days - Sick? Doctors appointment? Mental health day? We’ve got you covered.
- Flexible, paid parental leave
- Stock options for every employee
- $250 Office setup budget
- Annual learning & development stipend
- Performance-based incentive plans
- Awards for 360-degree recognition, work anniversaries, & birthdays
- 1-2 team retreats per year (virtual and in-person options)
User Interviews is a fully remote team (even in the before times). We are proactive about staying connected to one another despite not sharing the same physical space. Remote culture is real and we care about it—a lot.
We’re a team of doers. You’ll be fully supported by your manager and team, but there won’t be anyone peering over your shoulder. You’ll be expected and trusted to take ownership of your work, and to communicate clearly and transparently with your distributed teammates.
On a related note, we’re very pro-feedback. From our users, of course. But also from each other. From individual contributors right up to the CEO, this is a team that is genuinely committed to continuous improvement.
We embrace what makes you, you!
We are committed to accessibility, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We build products for and welcome participants, researchers, and employees from a diverse set of backgrounds. These backgrounds include—but are not limited to—varied socioeconomic status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, race, ethnicity, age, neurodivergence, disability, and citizenship.
As we grow, we are aware that this work is continuous. We will not settle for how things are, but rather strive for how they could be.