Senior Backend Engineer
San Francisco, CA
UserLeap is the first AI-powered user researcher that automates customer survey and analysis for large software companies. These companies often have teams of people calling and surveying their customers. UserLeap replaces this process.
We’re quickly signing larger and larger enterprises and looking for an experienced backend engineer to scale our platform to 100M monthly visitors over the next year. You'll be working closely with our highly experienced engineering team to scale the backend infrastructure and our Head of Data Science (a PhD), who is building ML and NLP models to analyze millions of qualitative data points in real-time.
This is your chance to join a startup in one of the most exciting phases, where you can become an original, founding member of the team and play a vital part in our growth.
The company raised a Seed round led by Hack VC and is based in San Francisco. The CEO has been early team for 5 successfully acquired startups, including Weebly (acquired by Square), Vurb (acquired by Snap Inc) and Extrabux (acquired by eBates).
What You’ll Do:
- Product: We are a very small, low-ego, tight-knit team. You'll work directly with the founder and early customers, influencing product features and direction. Opportunity to work across all levels of the stack. Every engineer on our team has interacted with customers and has input on our product roadmap.
- Highly Scalable & Fault-tolerant systems: UserLeap is installed into our customer's web and mobile products which means we are processing huge amounts of data every day. We need to scale our data collection and warehousing to process hundreds of millions of requests a month to meet the needs for our aggressive sales pipeline as we continue to sign on some of the most trafficked websites in the world. Help us build and scale a world class data platform to efficiently and securely store and process billions of data points, run rapidly evolving machine learning models, and optimize surveys for millions of users daily.
What We Look For:
- Strong computer science fundamentals.
- Passion for learning, building, and moving fast. With an ambitious plan for 2019, we highly value your ability and appetite for learning.
- Experience with some of the technologies we've used is desirable. UserLeap’s infrastructure runs on AWS and is built with Node.js, Postgres, and Docker.
- Experience building scalable data pipelines in cloud environments.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation and generous equity package commensurate with experience.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- 3 weeks vacation + unlimited sick leave + commuter benefits.
- Catered lunch provided every day.