Senior Finance Analyst
Our mission at Wheelhouse is to turn all hosts, property managers, landlords, owners, and other rentrepreneurs into superheroes. The short-term vacation rental market is enormous - an industry projected to grow by $70 billion in the next 2 years - and hosts need new tools to help manage their inventory. That’s where Wheelhouse comes in. Using bleeding edge data science, we’ve developed a dynamic pricing engine that fits each host’s business, allowing them to price their inventory based on their personal goals; whether you have 2 properties or 2000.
Our expansion has led to channel diversification, more partnerships, a rapidly growing user base, an ever-expanding set of product features, and ultimately more complexity. This is where you come in. We’re looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to help us account for, analyze, and develop new understandings of our performance on a daily basis. As our business matures, so too must our understanding of our performance, key drivers, and our projections for future performance.
We are a growing yet still small team (20+ employees), and believe in how small teams work - iterating and learning quickly. We believe you do your best work when you’re working with a team you enjoy, leveraging your skills and experience to drive value, and focusing on new challenges that require new learning every day. Since we’re small, we can guarantee you’ll be doing a little bit of everything here. You are a detail-oriented systems thinker that loves to organize chaos and complexity into order and understanding. You’re unafraid to get in the weeds and dive into data. You have a soft spot for obscure Excel keyboard shortcuts. And you love the idea of joining a motivated, committed team that’s building something that no one has ever done before.
Here’s an example timeline of your first year at Wheelhouse:
Within 1 month you’ll…
- Meet your new teammates, learn what they do and what makes Wheelhouse a special place to work
- Learn the fundamentals of our business - how we operate, where our team is focused, and why we will be successful as an organization
- Dive into financial operations, learning forwards and backwards the various systems and processes we use to drive our financials
- Get hands-on with our current suite of performance analyses, key metrics and financial models
- Walk through and help us close our books, leveraging your experience to identify where we can improve and become more efficient in our close
Within 3 months you’ll…
- Lend your experience and expertise on a daily basis to drive improvement to our accounting processes and methodologies
- Manage our month close process (with the support of an outsourced vendor and our Director of Finance), covering nearly half of the responsibility yourself and developing new schedules, reconciliations, and analyses to support the close process
- Share a deep understanding of our financial projections, key drivers and assumptions
- Perform month-to-month variance analyses of budget to actuals and iterate on projections and drivers
- Develop new techniques and methodologies to analyze and account for emerging revenue and cost streams from new channels and partners
- Own all FinOps systems and underlying processes that drive the core of our financials and unit economics
Within 6-12 months you’ll…
- Have full responsibility for closing our books, including preparing all schedules, journals, trial balances and reconciliations
- Support leadership with performance analyses, bringing new insights and understandings into our business that directly impact strategic goals and decisions
- Prepare financial metrics, KPIs and summary analyses for board meetings, investor discussions, and other high-level conversations
- Educate the company and your teammates on financial impact of key strategic decisions around partnerships and growth
- Regularly identify and implement process optimizations to speed financial processes and analyses
- Be a valued member of our team, an expert that our company relies on to help us understand our business and our performance, and a lot of fun to work with!
We’re excited that you’re looking to Wheelhouse for your next employment opportunity. We take that decision seriously, and want to provide you with an opportunity where you can grow meaningfully in your career. We look forward to hearing from you!
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States. Wheelhouse is an equal-opportunity employer.