Senior Software Engineer-Java
Bengaluru, KA /
Engineering – Java /
Ushur is transforming the way enterprises communicate and engage with customers. Fueled by consumer’s self-service demands, enterprises are modernizing customer engagement and experience models. Ushur is fast becoming the platform of choice for Customer Experience Automation™, enabling these enterprises to leapfrog their digital native counterparts and deliver delightful customer and employee experiences. With cutting-edge Conversational AI, Machine Learning and Intelligent Process Automation technologies, Ushur has enabled Fortune 100 enterprises including some of the world’s most well known brands in healthcare, insurance, banking and financial services sectors to automate their customer engagement. Cloud-native, 100% no-code and purely workflow-driven, Ushur empowers citizen developers within business operations teams to build AI-powered, fully-automated and omni-channel experience to digitally transform customer journeys end-to-end.
What You'll Do:
- Creatively solve business problems and determine functional and non-functional requirements for product features
- Experience with creating functional specifications, designing software systems and hands on implementation
- Analyze product pain points. Propose, design and implement solutions
- Define all aspects of development as part of functional specifications including appropriate technology and coding standards
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Troubleshoot coding problems quickly and efficiently to ensure a productive workplace
- Be in touch with current frameworks and be informed about all choices related to backend technology choices
- Collaborate, Coach or mentor engineers from different technology teams within Ushur to meet their objectives
The experience you need:
- 8+ years of professional software design and development with hands on implementation
- Proven experience as software architect
- Experience with more than one programming language like Java, NodeJS with backend and frontend frameworks is required
- Experience in designing low-latency and highly scalable backend infrastructure
- Strong programming skills in designing and implementing multi-tier applications
- RESTful API & micro-service design and development, event-driven architecture experienc
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB is required
- Strong Software development fundamentals, architecture styles, algorithms, data structure and problem solving skills
- Proficiency working in Linux environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication, strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with creating architectural diagrams and design documentation using UML
- A postgraduate or bachelors degree in computer science or software systems
- Professional programs certification in Java/nodeJS or others is preferred
- Exposure to AWS/Azure/GCP environment
- Familiarity with YAML/Swagger
- Great Company Culture. We pride ourselves on having a values-based culture that is welcoming, intentional, and respectful. Our internal NPS of over 65 speaks for itself - employees recommend Ushur as a great place to work!
- Bring your whole self to work. We are focused on building a diverse culture, with innovative ideas where you and your ideas are valued. We are a start-up and know that every person has a significant impact!
- Rest and Relaxation. 13 Paid leaves, wellness Fridays offs (aka a day off to care for yourself- every last Friday of the month), 12 paid sick Leaves, and more!
- Health Benefits. Preventive health checkups, Medical Insurance covering the dependents, wellness sessions, and health talks at the office
- Keep learning. One of our core values is Growth Mindset - we believe in lifelong learning. Certification courses are reimbursed. Ushur Community offers wide resources for our employees to learn and grow.
- Flexible Work. In-office or hybrid working model, depending on position and location. We seek to create an environment for all our employees where they can thrive in both their profession and personal life.
Why you want to Work with Us: