Fullstack Engineer - Mobile
Technology – Mobile /
Utility Warehouse is an award winning multi-utility provider, our core offering is simple: we help people get on with their lives and offer permanent peace of mind.
We're one of the UK's biggest, home-grown success stories of the last 20 years, a FTSE 250 business and knocking on the door of £1 billion in annual revenue. In two decades of phenomenal change and growth as a business, there are two things that have remained constant though:
- For customers, we offer permanent peace of mind. One bill, great value and no need to ever switch again.
- We don't sell directly to customers - we have 45,000 partners around the country who can run their own business selling our products, getting the word out, and adding the human touch.
And for our people, we offer clear opportunities to help them achieve both their professional and their personal ambitions:
- We deliver quickly by keeping processes light and enabling autonomy.
- We’ve never believed in ivory tower leadership. Our leadership team are hands-on and roll up their sleeves when needed to mentor and support.
- We encourage experimenting, don’t appreciate egos, and believe in debate, collaboration and learning.
- We care about how we deliver and who we work with, we enjoy working on interesting problems with smart people and know that if it was easy it wouldn't be fun.
- We know we’re onto something - we're consistently winning Which? awards but we’re only just getting started...
- We want to create a seamless end-to-end customer experience that fulfils our ambition to bring all household bills together into one place and make it super simple.
- We’re investing a lot in data and tooling. We want to build on that and increase our understanding of customers and their behaviour, so we can focus on the right improvements in the right areas.
- UW represents a lot of different products and services. We need to make sure we’re bringing all these together and creating a seamless, consistent and engaging customer experience.
You’ll love working for us if you...
- If your interests span technologies from front end to linux containers you will find plenty to do here - if you rather concentrate on architecture or react.js then there's plenty of that too.
- Enjoy and have experience of working in a consumer facing, highly visible, delivery-focused and fast paced environment
- Are highly organised, professional and detail oriented
- Are also pragmatic with an ability to see commercial, customer centric solutions
- Obsess over the details but also love to paint a bigger picture
- Know your strengths, and recognise there’s always more to learn
- Appreciate and enjoy the challenges of working in the financial services regulatory ecosystem
- Are an empathetic team player who collaborates closely with others
- Embrace iteration and are comfortable with change
- Are motivated and ambitious, both for yourself and the business you work for
There is currently a product manager, 6 software engineers and a number of vacancies within the Customer Product team. Looking ahead we expect this area to grow beyond a single team so this is a great opportunity to get in early.
What we’re offering
The opportunity to join an established but dynamic business that’s going through enormous change and still has huge growth potential.If we achieve our business and brand goals, you’ll be one of the most sought-after creative talents in London. A very competitive basic salary and the potential to join our option scheme - we’re still enormously ambitious and have every hope it’ll pay out for everyone.