Fullstack Engineer - Telecoms
Technology – Fixed Line and Broadband /
Utility Warehouse is an award winning multi-utility provider, our core offering is simple: all your utilities, one monthly bill. Our network of 45,000 partners add the human touch to our delivery, help us get the word out to our existing members and bring in new ones. We consistently win the Which? awards for our service and don’t believe “good enough” exists when it comes to customer satisfaction.
We’ve got the culture and focus of the earliest stage startups with the resources and strength of an extremely profitable and loved brand. Our eyes are on meteoric growth over the next few years. All the pieces to make it happen are here, we need you to help us put them together.
Our philosophy revolves around getting things done and we only hire people we can trust to do that. Bring your A game and you’ll always get ours. If you’re the type that can deliver you’ll be rewarded with small, fully autonomous teams that have real ownership of their products using a cutting edge stack in a best-idea-wins meritocracy. If that doesn’t quite cut it, we can throw in flexible and remote working (no, really) with top of market compensation.
As a Full Stack Engineer you will be working on graphQL backed React (+native) applications powered on apollo stack and backed by go/node grpc layer. Getting your hands dirty from the top to the bottom of the stack isn’t a promise to be broken, it’s a requirement. If you’re only good at parts of it that’s okay, we’ll quickly make you good at all of it.
As for the tech we use: the best tool is the right tool. Go and React are our bread and butter but nothing is stopping you from reaching for something else if it does it better. We deploy to Kubernetes across both AWS and GCP with some help from Terraform. We run a mature event sourced microservice architecture using Kafka, NATS and GRPC. As much as is possible we code in the open on GitHub. If it can be open- sourced, it shall. If we can submit a PR instead of building our own, we will.
What you will be doing:
- Contributing to our transformational work including but not limited to billing, provisioning and in life management of telephony products and services.
- Extending and refreshing our existing capabilities for our mobile, broadband, home phone and voip products
- Assisting with the introduction of new telephony products and services.
- Exposing a wealth of untapped data streams to power product insights and improve customer experience.
- Supporting and extending our new service management, billing and provisioning platforms