Senior Project Engineer
Griffith, IN /
Projects – Project Engineering /
Valdes is a 200-person, multidisciplinary, engineering, architecture, and project management company with an expert focus on technical excellence. Every client project is assigned a dedicated team of professionals who provide personalized services and solutions. The Valdes success model consists of streamlined work processes, attention to detail, technical expertise, and an unyielding commitment to client satisfaction, safety and quality.
Valdes is guided by our purpose statement: We are talented people who thrive and achieve extraordinary results for our customers.
Our core values reflect who we are, how we perform and what we aspire to:
Integrity Critical Thinking Excellence Teamwork Passion
Valdes proudly executes all work in the United States to maintain the utmost quality for our clients. We are a certified Minority-Owned Business Enterprise (MBE) and hold the following certifications:
National Minority Supplier Development Council - MBE Certification
Illinois Department of Central Management Services - BEP Certification
City of Chicago - MBE Certification
California Public Utilities Commission, The Supplier Clearinghouse - MBE Certification
- Leadership of project team activities including the assembly of engineering packages to support ongoing project work at local industrial facilities
- Oversight of quality, cost and schedules associated with project work
- Client interface by phone, e-mail and in person
- Bachelor of Science Degree in one of the engineering disciplines is required: Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, etc.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience as a discipline engineer is preferred
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience concentrated in refining or chemicals
- Strong communication skills
- Organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to travel to client sites locally and out of town and willing to take on-site assignments
- Ability to develop and maintain project schedules
- Ability to plan, schedule, oversee design quality, and execute projects under the guidance of a Project Manager
- Ability to maintain good business relationships with key client contacts throughout the project
- P.E. License a plus
- Must be able to work in the US now and in the future without sponsorship
Valdes Architecture & Engineering Company is looking for bright and talented people that want to take their career to the next level. We offer many rewarding career paths to challenge and engage our employees at all phases of their careers. Our office provides a team environment, and excellent working conditions, which allow individuals to maximize their potential. Valdes Engineering offers an outstanding benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401K plan, Company paid Long Term and Short Term Disability Insurance, Company paid Life and AD&D Insurance, Pet Insurance, a discounted gym membership and tuition reimbursement.