Engineer I&C (Instrumentation & Controls)
Griffith, IN /
Electrical Engineering – I&C Engineering /
Valdes is a 200-person, multidisciplinary, engineering, architecture, and project management company with an expert focus on technical excellence. Every client project is assigned a dedicated team of professionals who provide personalized services and solutions. The Valdes success model consists of streamlined work processes, attention to detail, technical expertise, and an unyielding commitment to client satisfaction, safety and quality.
Valdes is guided by our purpose statement: We are talented people who thrive and achieve extraordinary results for our customers.
Our core values reflect who we are, how we perform and what we aspire to:
Integrity Critical Thinking Excellence Teamwork Passion
Valdes proudly executes all work in the United States to maintain the utmost quality for our clients. We are a certified Minority-Owned Business Enterprise (MBE) and hold the following certifications:
National Minority Supplier Development Council - MBE Certification
Illinois Department of Central Management Services - BEP Certification
City of Chicago - MBE Certification
California Public Utilities Commission, The Supplier Clearinghouse - MBE Certification
- Strong technical skills on electrical design, including I&C specifications and selection
- Work with project staff ensuring that engineering packages are completed on time and within budget for the project they are working on.
- Ability to analyze, design and produce engineering packages for clients and prepare instrumentation specifications for purchase
- Ability to establish and maintain good business relationships with key client contacts throughout the project
- Extensive knowledge of required design codes and the knowledge to establish design criteria and ensure staff is following proper protocol
- On-site interface with client engineering representative and other discipline engineers
- Review, check and analyze design drawings prior to client submittals
- Responsible for ensuring that documents produced by the team members follow both internal and client quality standards
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher in Electrical or Controls Engineering
- 1-5 Years of experience working in a Power Generation, Distribution, Oil & Gas, Chemical, Pharmaceutical and/or Industrial engineering environment
- Professional Engineering (PE) license preferred or on track to obtaining it
- Low to medium voltage power distribution system design and layout
- Instrumentation identification and installation package development as well as application design including data sheets, loop diagrams, wiring diagrams, instrument lists, input / output lists, and scope of work development.
- Instrumentation skills including: reading or developing P&IDs , Instrument selection and specifications, control valve and primary element sizing, instrument loop diagrams, locations plans and installation details, and interconnection and wiring diagrams
- Distributed Control System interface design experience
- Electrical heat trace design
- Development of wiring diagrams and schematics
- Must not need sponsorship now or in the future to work in the US
Valdes Architecture & Engineering Company is looking for bright and talented people that want to take their career to the next level. We offer many rewarding career paths to challenge and engage our employees at all phases of their careers. Our office provides a team environment, and excellent working conditions, which allow individuals to maximize their potential. Valdes Engineering offers an outstanding benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401K plan, Company paid Long Term and Short Term Disability Insurance, Company paid Life and AD&D Insurance, Pet Insurance, a discounted gym membership and tuition reimbursement.