Project Controls Manager
Lombard, IL /
Projects – Project Scheduling /
Valdes is a 200-person, multidisciplinary, engineering, architecture, and project management company with an expert focus on technical excellence. Every client project is assigned a dedicated team of professionals who provide personalized services and solutions. The Valdes success model consists of streamlined work processes, attention to detail, technical expertise, and an unyielding commitment to client satisfaction, safety and quality.
Valdes is guided by our purpose statement: We are talented people who thrive and achieve extraordinary results for our customers.
Our core values reflect who we are, how we perform and what we aspire to:
Integrity Critical Thinking Excellence Teamwork Passion
Valdes proudly executes all work in the United States to maintain the utmost quality for our clients. We are a certified Minority-Owned Business Enterprise (MBE) and hold the following certifications:
National Minority Supplier Development Council - MBE Certification
Illinois Department of Central Management Services - BEP Certification
City of Chicago - MBE Certification
California Public Utilities Commission, The Supplier Clearinghouse - MBE Certification
This individual interfaces with management, project managers, project engineers and accounting within the Valdes organization. This individual provides the direction in the development of project controls tools, systems and procedures. This individual also analyzes the project cost and schedule data and makes recommendations for corrective action plans when required.
- Develop a computerized Resource Loaded CPM Network for assigned complex projects that meets requirements of contract and project manager
- Define an appropriate WBS (work breakdown structure) for projects, and report deviations to appropriate cost control group and project manager
- Report and trend progress utilizing reporting tools (i.e. curves, tables and customized reports)
- Update the CPM Network as required on a timely basis
- Perform Risk Schedule Analysis as required
- Use approved scheduling software to develop CPM Network.
- Participate in new work processes to enhance the Project Controls deliverables
- Provide Planning support to Proposals Group as needed
- Participate and provide input to enhance and improve department functions, work procedures and instructions
- Work to standardize schedules
- Lead the development and implantation of planning/scheduling tools, systems and procedures
- Prepare and/or review cost reports, provide analysis and make recommendations for corrective action plans on multiple projects in parallel
- Lead Interactive Planning Sessions (IPS)
- Mentor and train staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, engineering technology, construction management or similar
- 15+ years of planning /scheduling experience, preferable in petrochemical, energy or heavy industrial sector.
- Expert knowledge in the planning/scheduling of projects and project controls discipline
- Management experience leading a team of schedulers and cost engineers
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Expertise in Primavera P6 and MS Project planning software
- Experience in Earned Value Analysis
- Basic understanding of project and discipline work flow and how all departments work together to complete projects
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with clients, subordinates and co-workers
- Personable and able to work easily with others at all levels
- Ability to handle difficult individuals and remain calm when co-workers or clients are confrontational
- Ability to effectively manage and resolve conflicts or work issues in a professional manner
- Provide leadership to monitor, enforce, and improve quality of work
- Demonstrate excellent intercultural sensitivity and listening skills
- Demonstrate effective work relationships with all project and department personnel
- Represents the highest standard of professional conduct with other groups, department members and clients
- Extroverted personality, ability to lead staff offering coaching and oversight resulting in quality work product
- Eligibility to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
Valdes Architecture & Engineering Company is looking for bright and talented people that want to take their career to the next level. We offer many rewarding career paths to challenge and engage our employees at all phases of their careers. Our office provides a team environment, and excellent working conditions, which allow individuals to maximize their potential. Valdes Engineering offers an outstanding benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401K plan, Company paid Long Term and Short Term Disability Insurance, Company paid Life and AD&D Insurance, Pet Insurance, a discounted gym membership and tuition reimbursement.