Lombard, IL /
Corporate – Marketing /
Valdes is a 200-person, multidisciplinary, engineering, architecture, and project management company with an expert focus on technical excellence. Every client project is assigned a dedicated team of professionals who provide personalized services and solutions. The Valdes success model consists of streamlined work processes, attention to detail, technical expertise, and an unyielding commitment to client satisfaction, safety and quality.
Valdes is guided by our purpose statement: We are talented people who thrive and achieve extraordinary results for our customers.
Our core values reflect who we are, how we perform and what we aspire to:
Integrity Critical Thinking Excellence Teamwork Passion
Valdes proudly executes all work in the United States to maintain the utmost quality for our clients. We are a certified Minority-Owned Business Enterprise (MBE) and hold the following certifications:
National Minority Supplier Development Council - MBE Certification
Illinois Department of Central Management Services - BEP Certification
City of Chicago - MBE Certification
California Public Utilities Commission, The Supplier Clearinghouse - MBE Certification
- The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and enhancing brand recognition, increasing engagement, and overall marketing development and strategy with the direction of senior executives.
- Responsibilities include the following:
- Develops and presents metrics supporting marketing plan success and ROI
- Ensures coordination and consistency of Valdes branding initiatives and works with internal & external resources to ensure marketing campaigns reflect the culture, mission, visions and values of the organization; make recommendations for improvement and refreshing of corporate messages.
- Responsible for company brand integrity and monitors usage of company logo for brand consistency
- Collaborate with senior executives to lead communications, messages, and materials on key enterprise change management efforts
- Drive concept development and layout for design of marketing materials and website improvements
- Champion digital marketing on social media platforms
- Provide support to business development team for all marketing and business development needs
- Attend meetings and coordinate development of materials needed for meetings and presentations, pre-qualification packages, RFI’s, RFP’s and RFQ’s
- Coordinate with internal Business Development Managers to put together materials for sales and marketing to our clients based on sector.
- Update, manage and maintain client contact database
- Identify and develop relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Coordinate with the Director of Talent Acquisition & Development to develop our brand for recruiting brochures, presentations and materials needed for career fairs
- Coordinate with human resources to develop layout and articles for the internal quarterly newsletter
- Create and maintain all hardcopy and electronic copy of all marketing material
- Responsible for writing, updating and maintain electronic copies of all corporate resumes
- Proofreading all materials for grammar and consistency
- Manage and update company website regularly with the assistance of the outside vendor
- Identify and develop relationships with vendors & suppliers
- Manage all special assignments in the department such as reserving and preparing for BD attendance at exhibits, golf outings and conferences
- Create and maintain project profile library with support of project management and technical staff
- Represents Company at outside functions and seminars
- All other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Writing or related field
- Must have 5+ years of marketing experience that includes developing and articulating brand positioning, assisting business development group with generating and executing new business proposals and identifying website changes to drive traffic to the site.
- Experience in the engineering or construction services field is a plus.
- Must be able to work in the US now and in the future without sponsorship.
- Technical Competencies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing Website content for improved traffic
- Proficient in managing social media platforms
- Proficient in MS office applications along with Adobe Acrobat/ Reader, In-Design, Photoshop and other marketing design software programs
- Competencies and Skill Sets continued:
- Ability to coordinate all marketing materials across business sectors representing the same brand and message
- Strong Keyboarding skills
- Keen eye for detail
- People Skills:
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with clients, subordinates and co-workers
- Personable and able to work easily with others at all levels
- Ability to handle difficult individuals and remain calm when employees or clients are confrontational
- Ability to effectively manage and resolve conflicts or work issues in a professional manner
- Represents the highest standard of professional conduct with other groups, department members and clients
- Extroverted personality, ability to supervise and lead staff offering coaching and oversight resulting in quality work product
- Organizational Skills:
- Must be well organized and able to prioritize work
- Ability to set and track goals
- Ability to multi-task and work on more than one project at a time
- Able to commit to and meet project deadlines, and driven to provide outstanding service to both external and internal customers
- Takes ownership of work thru project completion
- Must keep work area neat, clean and organized
Valdes Architecture & Engineering Company is looking for bright and talented people that want to take their career to the next level. We offer many rewarding career paths to challenge and engage our employees at all phases of their careers. Our office provides a team environment, and excellent working conditions, which allow individuals to maximize their potential. Valdes Engineering offers an outstanding benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401K plan, Company paid Long Term and Short Term Disability Insurance, Company paid Life and AD&D Insurance, Pet Insurance, a discounted gym membership and tuition reimbursement.