Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
Engineering – Engineering /
Who we are:
Validere is a measurement, reporting, and verification (MRV) SaaS company that helps energy organizations transform disconnected, incomplete data into clear and immediately actionable pathways to financial and environmental value.
Over 50 of North America’s leading energy companies rely on Validere’s technology and multidisciplinary experts to understand their physical and environmental commodities and navigate an increasingly complex environment with clarity and ease.
Validere is on a mission to better human prosperity by making the energy supply chain efficient and sustainable. The company has offices in Houston, Calgary, and Toronto.
Who you are:
We seek a Full Stack Software Engineer with expertise across frontend software frameworks, their design principles and in writing middleware and backend code in order to build distributed systems. Above all, we’re looking for someone who is driven and excited about the positive impact technology can have on business.
Let’s give you a purpose:
- Feature Development: Spearhead the design and development of innovative consumer-facing features, ensuring a seamless and intuitive user experience.
- Cross-Team Collaboration: Partner closely with our Product, UX, Quality Assurance, and Security teams, aligning on project feasibility, direction, and delivery timelines.
- End-to-End Architecture: Play a pivotal role in architectural decisions, crafting frontend, backend and middleware solutions for holistic feature implementation. While our stack leverages React for frontend and Node.js for the backend, your expertise will bridge these technologies cohesively.
- Quality: Engage actively in code reviews, championing best practices and high coding standards to maintain the integrity and quality of our codebase.
- Team Leadership: Mentor and guide fellow engineers, fostering a culture of growth, innovation, and excellence.
What you’ll bring along:
- Educational Background and/or Hands-On Experience: A Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field. Alternatively, deep hands-on expertise accrued on the job in frontend and backend software development will be considered.
- Full-Stack Proficiency: While your main strength lies in frontend technologies, you're well-versed with Node.js-based backend development. Experience with AWS or a similar cloud platform(Azure, GCP) is a definite plus.
- Industry Experience: At least 4 years of professional experience, ideally within dynamic settings like startups or high-growth organizations.
- Design Collaboration: A keen sense of UI/UX, with a history of working hand-in-hand with design teams. You're adept at tools like Figma, translating designs into functional and aesthetically pleasing interfaces.
- Backend Acumen: Bonus points if you understand the intricacies of server-side development, API integrations, and cloud platform(s)/services, ensuring a seamless user experience from front to back.
- Documentation: An ability to draft articulate engineering designs and craft clear, concise developer documentation.
- Agile Approach: You're no stranger to Agile/Scrum frameworks, thriving in rapid iteration cycles and fast-paced development environments.
- Ownership Mentality: A deep-rooted sense of responsibility and ownership, paired with the drive to see projects through to their successful conclusion. This is one of our most treasured traits and what we look for most in candidates.
We love it here, you will too:
- Competitive compensation and stock options (at Validere, we're all owners)
- Professional development budget to master your craft
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous time-off with parental/family leave
- Quarterly Employee Wellbeing Days and No Meeting Friday Afternoons
- Great Place to Work Certified
- An inclusive, ego-free environment where diversity of people and thought is valued
- Opportunity to impact the trajectory of a fast growing tech company
Our shared values:
- Deliver (the highest) value
- Remove friction
- Everyday; more scalable
- Be well, fair & transparent
Validere is an equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the interview process and beyond. We are committed to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.