Data Operations Specialist
Imagine working on a global communication network that’s used by 3.7 billion people and every day more than a quarter trillion messages cross this network. There’s just one problem: even in today’s modern world, phishing attacks run rampant, costing companies billions of dollars each year. Whether it’s from wire fraud, W-2 thefts, or targeted attacks to steal data, companies have been powerless to protect themselves.
Valimail offers a comprehensive solution for stopping fake email, protecting brands, and helping ensure compliance. We’ve already stopped billions of malicious emails from being delivered, won over a dozen prestigious cybersecurity awards, and are lucky enough to have some of the world's biggest companies as customers, including Fannie Mae, Uber, WeWork, Yelp, and the U.S. Agency for International Development.
Reporting to the Director of Product and working closely with the office of the CTO, you will be systematically building up our proprietary data sets and improving and managing overall data quality and standards. Your main day-to-day activities will include data acquisition, data validation, exploratory data analysis, reporting and standardization and research. This is an exciting career potential into data analytics and data mining!
· Build reporting and monitoring to show effectiveness and value of current data assets
· Identify gaps and areas of improvement in those assets
· Research potential solutions to those gaps including acquisition of external data sources
· Define standards for the quality and coverage of Valimail data assets
· Work closely with domain experts and internal resources to continually improve knowledge engineering, data gathering, validation and consolidation efforts·
· Strong analytical and data analysis skills
· Ability to tell a compelling story with data and produce strategic recommendations
· Organized and detail oriented
· Ability to communicate effectively with multiple business stakeholders including engineers, account representatives, and external business partners
· Experience in managing data from a variety of sources, both structured and unstructured
· Basic SQL knowledge
· Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python, PERL, R, etc…) and/or shell scripting a plus
· Experience working in email or security industries
· Familiarity with BI tools (e.g Looker, Tableau, etc..)
Valimail is an anti-phishing company that has been driving the global trustworthiness of digital communications since 2015, with the only complete platform for stopping fake email, protecting brands, and helping ensure compliance. Valimail has won more than a dozen prestigious cybersecurity technology awards and authenticates billions of messages a month for some of the world's biggest companies, including Uber, Fannie Mae, WeWork, and the U.S. Agency for International Development. Valimail is based in San Francisco. For more information visit www.valimail.com.
Customers include Yelp, Uber, Fannie Mae, Pure Storage, WeWork, and MongoDB.Strategic partners include Adobe, Splunk, SendGrid, SparkPost, and Neustar; and in the federal arena, FedResults.