Director, Technical Product Marketing
Valimail is an anti-phishing company that has been driving the global trustworthiness of email communications since 2015. The Valimail Trust Platform is a comprehensive solution for stopping fake email, protecting brands, and helping ensure compliance. Our uniquely authoritative anti-phishing approach protects customers’ own brand against impersonation globally and also protects them from malicious emails by ensuring that only trusted domains are allowed into the inbox.
Valimail has won more than a dozen prestigious cybersecurity technology awards and authenticates billions of messages a month for some of the world's biggest companies, including Uber, Fannie Mae, WeWork, and the U.S. Agency for International Development.
As Valimail continues rapid growth in the market we need to get more efficient in translating our technical differentiations to key technical decision makers. As we continue to gain traction in the enterprise, we need to better understand the various business initiatives we touch in the organization and better contextualize how the Valimail solution can work for them. We need to more accurately define the anti-phishing technology landscape and position ourselves against competitive vendors and initiatives. The technical product marketing leader will play a key role in reaching the technical audience in IT and security groups of any organization.
Develop a deep understanding of the anti-phishing landscape, email security technologies and email security standards like DMARC, ARC, SPF, DKIM, etc.,
Develop deep technical content for influencing all technical decision makers, IT Directors, Technical Architects, Security Professionals
Scale Valimail's Growth
Subject matter expert that the sales and marketing organization relies on for technical messaging, strategic and competitive positioning
Work with Product, Pre-Sales, and Customer Support to build process and content to help respond to technical questions from prospects , and customers that are related to Valimail’s products or competitive product capabilities and gotchas.
Work with Product, Pre-Sales, and Customer Support to formulate competitive strategy.This includes competitive sales playbooks and marketing activities aimed at winning market share from the competition
Operationalize our ability to track and manage competitive updates and responses
Be the glue between product and sales teams: translating the product strengths to customer pain points as well as all unfulfilled customer needs to feed product teams
Work closely with demand gen, customer, channel and partner marketing to articulate Valimail’s technical and competitive differentiation
Technical Product Marketing Objectives at Valima
- Acquire In-depth, and hands-on knowledge of Valimail products and be the go-to technical
expert for sales and marketing
- Deliver technical content in various formats to communicate Valimail’s unique technical differentiation.
- Present at webinars, industry events, roadshows
- Provide technical expertise to customers, and technology partners
- Generate technical briefs and technical case studies
- Gather Competitive information and conduct hands-on analysis when possible
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the competitors’ products and go to market
strategies to inform Valimail’s messaging and sales strategy
- Deliver tools and training for the sales and customer success teams
- Collaborate with marketing and sales reps to articulate justify Valimail value
- Provide “real-time” support for the field in deals to navigate competitive and business
- Establish strong, collaborative relationships across the company with product management,
engineering, pre-sales engineers, customer success engineers, business development and
channel partner teams
- 25% travel required