Compliance & Contracts Manager
Imagine working on a global communication network that’s used by 3.7 billion people and every day more than a quarter trillion messages cross this network. There’s just one problem: even in today’s modern world, phishing attacks run rampant, costing companies billions of dollars each year. Whether it’s from wire fraud, W-2 thefts, or targeted attacks to steal data, companies have been powerless to protect themselves.
Valimail offers a comprehensive solution for stopping fake email, protecting brands, and helping ensure compliance. We’ve already stopped billions of malicious emails from being delivered, won over a dozen prestigious cybersecurity awards, and are lucky enough to have some of the world's biggest companies as customers, including Fannie Mae, Uber, WeWork, Yelp, and the U.S. Agency for International Development.
As part of our commitment to building a more trusted email ecosystem, we work closely with industry leading companies to improve the space for everyone. As the number of initiatives, organizations, and conversations scale up dramatically, Valimail has the need for a skilled Compliance & Contracts Manager to help us meet these commitments and grow.
We are looking for an experienced Compliance & Contracts Manager to ensure our Valimail adheres to legal standards, in-house policies, and certifications as well as timely responses to NDAs, evaluation agreements and contractual requests relating to prospective customers. You will be responsible for enforcing regulations in all aspects and levels of business as well as provide guidance on compliance matters. You will be responsible for ensuring timely response and optimized coordination on contractual matters. The Compliance & Contracts Manager will effectively project-manage guidelines around strategic certifications such as SOC-2, FedRamp, Privacy Shield, as well as GDPR.
A great Compliance & Contracts Manager is well-versed in legal guidelines and corporate governance best practices and have a solid legal foundation – as well as practical experience working on a range of transaction related contractual matters. They are professionals of high ethical standards and work diligently to complete their duties keeping in mind the objectives of the business. You must be comfortable saying “no” when necessary and be result-oriented.
Valimail is a pioneering, identity-based, anti-phishing company that has been ensuring the global trustworthiness of digital communications since 2015. Valimail delivers the only complete, cloud-native platform for validating and authenticating sender identity to stop phishing, protect and amplify brands, and ensure compliance. Valimail has won more than a dozen prestigious cybersecurity technology awards and authenticates billions of messages a month for some of the world's biggest companies and organizations, including Uber, Splunk, Yelp, Fannie Mae, and the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration. For more information visit www.valimail.com.
What You’ll Be Doing :
● Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines
and internal policies
● Oversee all process to ensure compliance with SOC-2 Type 2, FedRamp, and Privacy Shield
certifications and project manage all audit procedures.
● Research and own all processes and guidelines company-wide for GDPR roll-out and
● Managing the RFP process as it pertains to compliance matters.
● Own the knowledge & data store to be able to address RFPs correctly and effectively.
● Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously
● Revise procedures, reports etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues
● Collaborate with corporate counsels and HR departments to monitor enforcement of
standards and regulations
● Assess the business’s future ventures to identify possible compliance risks
● Review the work of colleagues when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide
advice or training
● Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as
evolving best practices in compliance control
● Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate
● Assist with formulating real-time responses to prospective customers’ security
questionnaires and/or related InfoSec requests with the goal of supporting transaction
velocity and efficiency.
Review and respond to NDAs.
Assist with review and response to Evaluation Agreements
Assist with review and response to DPAs
Manage completion of InfoSec Security Questionnaires as well as related internal and external communication.
Assist with redlined navigational responses with respect to core transactional agreements.
● 7+ years of proven experience overseeing compliance and contracts
● Experience working in a small to mid-sized startup environment that’s scaling
● In-depth knowledge of the compliance industry’s standards and regulations
● Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
● A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality
● Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
● An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations
● Excellent communication skills
● Certified compliance professional is a plus
● Legal background also a plus
● Formal studies in law (e.g. paralegal studies or post-graduate studies).
Please note: This position is based in our Denver, CO office