Director of Customer Success
This position will be based in San Francisco, CA
Imagine working on a global communication network that’s used by 3.7 billion people and every day more than a quarter trillion messages cross this network. There’s just one problem: even in today’s modern world, phishing attacks run rampant, costing companies billions of dollars each year. Whether it’s from wire fraud, W-2 thefts, or targeted attacks to steal data, companies have been powerless to protect themselves.
Valimail offers a comprehensive solution for stopping fake email, protecting brands, and helping ensure compliance. We’ve already stopped billions of malicious emails from being delivered, won over a dozen prestigious cybersecurity awards, and are lucky enough to have some of the world's biggest companies as customers, including Fannie Mae, Uber, WeWork, Yelp, and the U.S. Agency for International Development.
As part of our commitment to building a more trusted email ecosystem, we work closely with industry leading companies to improve the space for everyone. As the number of initiatives, organizations, and conversations scale up dramatically, Valimail has the need for a Director of Customer Success to help us meet these commitments and grow.
The primary responsibility of the Director of Customer Success is to lead team members that provide onboarding services and technical support to Valimail’s enterprise customers.
The Director of Customer Success will work with VPs and C level executives in setting goals that promote company growth, maintain and drive team performance in the Customer Success organization and enable delivery of services to our customers.
· As Director of CS you will work with your managers to oversee daily activity of the Customer
· Work with team to prepare budgets and other organizational reports as needed
· Collaborate with team members in defining targets and ensure their teams are meeting
department goals and company objectives
· Collaborate with team in reviewing working practices to ascertain high customer satisfaction
· Work with team to establish process to mitigate program management delivery and
implementing identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected or fulfilled
· The director will ensure that team will support delivery to vendors to ensure value is being
obtained and contributes positively to operational efficiency and customer experience
· Work with the team to support service level agreements, performance metrics, and
· Leads team to project staffing levels, processes, and procedures as appropriate to support
service level commitments
· Work with team members to maintain technical support training programs for new Technical
· The director will work with management to refine Onboarding Programs to ensure they evolve
with team managers to maintain knowledge management processes to support customer
service and issue resolution goals
· Leads management team with the design, implementation and overall operation of technology
and tools for technical support services
Education and skills:
· Degree in a business administration, management, or technology preferred
· Understanding and experience with ITIL service management concepts
· Minimum 10 years of experience working within SaaS support or customer success;
· Minimum 6 years in building and managing highly successful CS teams that have met or
exceeded targets, goals and objectives
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Strong presentation skills a must
· Ability to communicate and motivate a diverse team
· You thrive in a face-paced start-up environment is a must
This position will be based in San Francisco and reports directly to the VP of Product
Occasional travel may be required
Valimail is an anti-phishing company that has been driving the global trustworthiness of digital communications since 2015, with the only complete platform for stopping fake email, protecting brands, and helping ensure compliance. Valimail has won more than a dozen prestigious cybersecurity technology awards and authenticates billions of messages a month for some of the world's biggest companies, including Uber, Fannie Mae, WeWork, and the U.S. Agency for International Development. Valimail is based in San Francisco. For more information visit www.valimail.com.
Customers include Yelp, Uber, Fannie Mae, Pure Storage, WeWork, and MongoDB.
Strategic partners include Adobe, Splunk, SendGrid, SparkPost, and Neustar; and in the federal arena, FedResults.