Senior Front End Developer (Blockchain)
Vancouver, Canada Area
Etherparty is a blockchain software company that develops smart contract applications. Our mission is to bring blockchain-based technology to the masses by simplifying the creation of agreements between people around the world. We are looking for diverse and entrepreneurial talent to join us. Founded by The Vanbex Group, a global leader in blockchain-based products and services, Etherparty is developing a platform that allows users to create smart contracts on any compatible blockchain without having any programming knowledge.
Having conducted one of the most successful ICOs in Canada last year, we have doubled our team size with amazing talent and are poised for growth. We believe in building a great place for people to work while delivering great products. We’re looking for an exceptional Senior Frontend Developer who wants to build great products.
As the ideal new addition to our software development team, you are an expert in your field and can teach us a thing or two about React. You love team collaboration and and knowledge sharing, and you take pride in shipping high quality, well-tested code. Of course, you also have passion for blockchain technology because you’ll be a part of discussions and debates on the changing technology and industry.
On a day-to-day, you will:
- Write high-caliber code on a daily basis to satisfy product requirements
- Own feature implementations and maintain a continuous integration pipeline
- Document best practices and act as a knowledgeable resource for engineering and problem solving
- Work with our Product team to design new and compelling end user services and products
- Collaborate with engineers in an agile environment to develop exciting new solutions with blockchain technologies
- Partner with our team to define architecture and best practices
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to your peers
As an ideal candidate, you have:
- Expert knowledge and experience in React and Web Development
- Sample code or projects to show (if your work is proprietary please tell us what you did)
- Strong understanding of REST APIs and adhere to the test driven development technique (TDD/BDD)
- Experience in one or more of the following web technologies: React, Redux, Node.js, VueJS, Bootstrap, and Docker
- "No Jerks/Big Egos"
- Experience, understanding, or strong interest in smart contracts, cryptography and Ethereum or have developed in Solidity
- Modern office centrally located in downtown Vancouver.
- Convenient access by car, bus, bike (with secure bike room), or SkyTrain.
- Office features: pet-friendly, beer and wine on tap, amazing coffee, snacks, and a shared gym.
- Performance electronic height-adjustable desks and ergonomic chairs.
- All Mac workstations with all the tools and goodies you need.
- Monthly public transit pass reimbursement.
- Learning and professional development budget to help advance your career.
- Extended medical benefits, including dental and vision care.
- We’re serious about Innovation and Continuous Learning, Friday afternoons are yours to devote to discovery and creation.
- You’ll have access to nearly 100 learning plans to support your career growth and development of leadership competencies.
- Our Vanbex company culture is a friendly, open-minded, team-working environment. We strive to make everyone feel as comfortable as possible. Feel free to get your morning started with freshly brewed coffee, latté, or cappuccino, available from our in-house coffee machine. There’s also a selection of tea in the cabinet above the sink.
- We have a lunch area available for staff to gather and have conversations work related or not. This is a place where we host lunch and learns, company events, and half-day Fridays, where staff can take a load off and enjoy a cold beverage from our company beer taps or white wine dispenser. Vanbex is a pet friendly environment—we love animals and consider them part of the team.
- Our mission is to further the education and adoption of Blockchain, distributed ledger technology (DLT), and smart contract technology into everyday real-world applications. We believe these technologies will change our current digital infrastructure and processes the way the internet changed how we communicate today.
- The Vanbex vision is simple: to lead and support innovative technologies and teams in this industry to help bring about a realized vision of sustainable technology with security driven architecture. There’s untapped potential for disrupting legacy systems.
If this role sounds like a match, we want to hear from you! Send us a link to your GitHub account and anything else that would showcase your code.