Technical Writer (Blockchain)
Vancouver, Canada Area
The Vanbex Group is the thought leader in blockchain consulting. We provide professional and business consulting services to help incubate innovators in the developing marketplace of smart contracts and supporting applications.
A Vancouver-based consultancy that believes in decentralized solutions to reshape technology, the Vanbex Group has already helped raised more than $100 million for our clients.
About the Role
Due to growth, we are looking for a Technical Writer to join our marketing team. The ideal candidate will author and edit white papers, blog pieces, and supporting technical documentation. Content will be for a range of client sizes and specialties. A significant part of the job requires adjusting templates, communicating editorial standards, offering structural edits, reconciling inputs, and steering audience-facing content. Organizational needs vary by technology, size of company, and stage of development. The position requires vigilant and ongoing assessment of the dynamic marketplace. Cross-team briefings will be required on a routine basis. The technical writer should be available to test client software, and be able to engage with the client on authoring tools as well as best practices.
In this role, you will:
- Enforce editorial standards
- Conduct audits of technical content
- Check for consistency and reconcile input from various stakeholders
- Review, edit, and proof content by both clients and internal resources
- Test authoring software, development tools across platforms, and troubleshoot templates
- Be prepared to conform to and improve best practices for diverse scenarios
As an ideal candidate, you have:
- Fierce attention to detail
- A portfolio that includes technical white papers, development manuals, and knowledge-based content in multiple formats
- Recent experience with authoring tools (please list in your response)
- Experience with collaborative workflow applications
- Industry experience or at least knowledge of smart contracts and blockchain technology
- A work history in a developmental environment; works well in cross-functional workplace