Blockchain Developer Consultant
Vancouver, Canada Area
Vanbex Group is a leading blockchain incubator specializing in consulting and marketing, with the goal of bringing blockchain-based technology to the masses. We provide professional and business services to launch innovators to success in the rapidly-growing blockchain space, from building brands and marketing campaigns to managing online communities.
We offer the space and support for those who want to be on the forefront of emerging technology -- we recently raised one of Canada’s largest ICOs ($33 million USD in funding) through our product wing, Etherparty. Vanbex needs diverse and entrepreneurial talent to join us on our journey, which involves shaping the application of blockchain technology in its early days. That appeal is how we’ve managed to more than triple our team’s size over the past year.
To continue our momentum, we are now seeking a Blockchain Developer Consultant to help us bring our vision to life.
About the Role
As a Blockchain Developer Consultant your mission is to advise on blockchain architecture and business solutions to set our clients up for success.
Each day will be different but you can expect to:
- Work with prospects, clients, and potential partners to understand proposed blockchain technology solutions; participate in or lead technical meetings and presentations
- Evaluate technical feasibility of solutions and identify implementation barriers
- Offer technical due diligence in the pre-sales cycle and identify exciting projects
- Review whitepapers and identify technical gaps / content areas for improvement; work with our technical writing to propose changes
- Create or advise on high-level architectural designs and address problems of systems integration compatibility related to blockchain technology
- Perform research for use within business cases and the potential project feasibility
As the ideal candidate, you possess:
- 2+ years experience and credibility as a full-stack software developer (prior experience as a consultant a plus) with clear aptitude for learning about new industries, technologies, and how they fit together.
- Deep knowledge on a combination of distributed ledger technologies (DLT) or blockchain related technologies such as Hyperledger Fabric, Node.js, Go, Composer, Ethereum, Solidity, Truffle, web3.js, Geth, Corda, or NEO.
- The ability to articulate the business benefits of blockchain technology to executives and also dive into code with developers.
- Experience and knowledge needed to make recommendations that consider throughput, scalability, confidentiality and privacy, security, usability and maintainability.
- Expertise in database, distributed systems, full stack development, security & cryptography, and previous blockchain (especially Ethereum) experience are all bonuses.
We’re a pet-friendly environment and even have a resident robot that occasionally competes with more than one dog (and cat) for mascot rights. We consider our pets—perhaps not the robot—to be part of the team. We work hard, yet value work-life balance and we encourage a respectful, supportive, and team-oriented atmosphere.
Vanbex provides competitive benefits that include extended medical, vision, and dental. We offer referral bonuses, and even a paid day when you volunteer. There will be ongoing opportunities to support and benefit from conferences or other events in the blockchain space.