Backend Engineer (Golang)
Vancouver, Canada Area
Etherparty is a blockchain technology company that develops smart contract applications powered by the FUEL token. Founded by The Vanbex Group, a global leader in blockchain-based products and services, Etherparty is developing a platform that allows users to create smart contracts on any compatible blockchain without having any programming knowledge. We build accessible blockchain-based platforms that help you exchange money credibly and transparently with speed and accuracy, turning transactions between business and investor, charity and donor, supply chain and manager, into trusted agreements.
Having conducted one of the most successful ICOs in Canada in 2017, our team is growing quickly. We’re looking for an exceptional Backend Golang Engineer who wants to build great products.
As the ideal new addition to our software development team, you are an expert in your field and can teach us a thing or two about Golang. You love team collaboration and and knowledge sharing, and you take pride in shipping high quality, well-tested code. Of course, you also have passion for blockchain technology because you’ll be a part of discussions and debates on the changing technology and industry.
On a day-to-day, you will:
- Work on the core platform, developing in Golang to build scalable and robust services and work on challenges associated with distributed systems running at scale
- Write high-caliber code on a daily basis to satisfy product requirements
- Write functional unit and integration tests for backend applications
- Document best practices and act as a knowledgeable resource to resolve challenges.
- Collaborate with engineers in an agile environment to develop exciting new solutions with blockchain technologies
- Collaborate with frontend engineers to integrate backend API services
- Work with our Product team to design new and compelling end user services and products
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to your peers
Skills and Requirements:
- Expert knowledge and experience in Golang and Web Development
- Sample code or projects to show (if your work is proprietary please tell us what you did)
- Ability to understand complex systems and processes
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and well documented code
- Strong understanding of development and integration of services and APIs
- Experience with deployment automation tools and systems
- Technical Experience:
- Caches (Redis, memcached)
- Databases: relational, non-relational, document (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, RethinkDB, FoundationDB)
- Message Queues (Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Job Scheduling (Cron, Nomad)
- Container based development (Docker, Kubernetes)
- HTTP/Web Services (REST, Websockets, JSON-RPC, Cookies, Local Storage, CSRF, JWTs, XSS, stateless vs stateful architecture)
As an ideal candidate, you have:
- Familiarity with blockchain technologies, distributed systems, and highly available infrastructure
- Strong interest in smart contracts or development experience in Solidity
- Prior experience with blockchain clients such as https://github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum, https://github.com/btcsuite/btcd, or similar.
- Demonstrated and passionate self-learner
- No egos, no jerks!
- Experience, understanding, or strong interest in smart contracts, cryptography and Ethereum or have developed in Solidity
If this role sounds like a match, we want to hear from you! Send us a link to your GitHub account and anything else that would showcase your code.
More about Us
Etherparty conducted one of the most successful ICOs in Canada in the fall of 2017 and our team is growing quickly. Beyond providing an environment that encourages innovation of blockchain technology, we also offer competitive compensation and vacation days, research and experimentation time for the entire team, transit passes, and more.
We’re a pet-friendly environment and even have a resident robot that occasionally competes with more than one dog (and cat) for mascot rights. We consider our pets—perhaps not the robot—to be part of the team. We work hard, yet value work-life balance and we encourage a respectful, supportive, and team-oriented atmosphere.
Vanbex provides competitive benefits that include extended medical, vision, and dental. We offer referral bonuses, and even a paid day when you volunteer. There will be ongoing opportunities to support and benefit from conferences or other events in the blockchain space.