Front-End Web Developer
Marketing – Development
Vanilla helps organizations build unique online communities that are used by millions of people each month. What we do makes the internet more diverse, more useful and more fun. We’re looking for passionate, hard working people who want to help us reinvent community forum software.
We’re looking for an experienced Front-End Web Developer with strong problem-solving, and time-management skills and the ability to autonomously tackle development projects from start to finish. You must be highly curious, open to learning new technologies and proactive in staying up to date with the latest web development trends and best practices. Ideally, you also have working knowledge of Sketch and Photoshop. As part of our marketing department, you will complete a wide variety of projects based on the needs of the marketing team.
This position is full-time and on-site at our headquarters in downtown Montreal, Quebec.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Developing new website pages for marketing programs
- Maintaining and improving current marketing website
- Developing and implementing front-end web code – writing clean, semantic code at all times
- Developing landing pages, emails, and other reusable templates
- Contributing to the creation of internal libraries, reusable resources, and processes
- Proactively identifying opportunities to improve performance of the marketing website
Your Critical Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience working in a web development role
- Knowledge of Hugo or other static site builders
- Knowledge of Grunt or other build scripts
- Experience developing responsive websites for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices
- Experience developing HTML emails and knowledge of the limitations of this medium
- Experience working with Jinja, Hubl or other templating engines
- Understanding of, and interest in UX principles
- Working knowledge of Sketch and Photoshop
- Previous experience working closely with marketing groups
Bonus Skills & Experience:
- Lunr, Parsley, Mixitup, waypoints, swiper
- HubSpot COS development experience
- Knowledge of Bootstrap
- HubSpot Inbound Marketing and/or COS HubL Design certifications
- Understanding of back-end technologies
- Can do designs in Photoshop, Canva and/or Sketch
Life at Vanilla:
Vanilla offers group health and dental insurance as well as a fitness stipend. Team members enjoy flexible hours, a modern workspace, a kitchen stocked with goodies, competitive salaries, generous time-off policies and annual gatherings and retreats. Vanilla is a growing company that promotes skills and career development by funding courses, conferences and other training & development materials and events. Most importantly, Vanilla is made up of a friendly team who truly like one another and respect the work that is being done. We know we are not perfect but together we strive to maintain a successful business and an amazing, diverse and supportive work environment.
Vanilla Forums Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is based in Montreal, and remote workers will not be considered. We are not able to assist with relocation or work permit applications for this role.