Head of Recruiting
Vannevar Labs brings Silicon Valley technology to the country's most important national security problems.
We believe our public servants, military service members, and intelligence officers deserve access to the best technology American innovation can offer, and we build great products to support their mission. We come from both worlds - Apple, Google, Stanford as well as CIA, Navy, Air Force, and the Marine Corps. If you want to have a significant impact on this mission, we welcome you to join our team.
The Head of Recruiting will be working with the leadership team and will lead all recruiting efforts for the company. Since the start of 2021, we've 40x'd our revenue, 6x'd the number of customers we are supporting and raised a Series A from some of the best venture capital investors in our space. Your job is critical. You will build and scale the company with us, including more than doubling the size of the engineering and mission teams to support our growth.
The ideal candidate for the position is a senior recruiter who has experience building diverse pipelines and driving the hiring process for several different positions in a tech company context, including engineers. In this role, you will initially be focused on building strong candidate pipelines through creative and gritty sourcing and developing and executing the recruiting strategy for Vannevar. We are looking for someone who can handle every aspect of recruiting and is excited to be part of small team.
What you'll do
- Develop and execute the vision and strategy for recruiting at Vannevar
- Creatively source top talent across multiple disciplines, including engineering, product, and business roles
- Build strong relationships with hiring managers across disciplines to shape and discuss headcount plans, new requisitions, hiring strategy, and/or interview feedback
- Manage candidates through the entire recruiting process, including initial screens
- At least 3-5 years of recruiting experience, including at a tech company that's scaled quickly
- Demonstrated expertise in creative, scrappy recruiting methods
- Ability to build strong relationships with both hiring managers and candidates
- Ability to accurately influence decisions by acting as the subject matter expert on talent
- Ability to multi-task and operate with little direction while still being an active team member
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply, even if you don’t feel like you're a perfect fit. If you’re passionate about working on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!