Data Operations Engineer
Vannevar Labs builds machine learning products for the country's most critical national security problems. We are uniquely qualified to succeed in this $740B market; our founders have 30 years of combined experience across national security, government sales and CIA, In-Q-Tel, DoD/JSOC, Harvard, and Stanford. We believe our military service members and intelligence officers deserve access to the best technology American innovation can offer, and we are building great products for this mission while holding ourselves to the highest standards of honorable service.
You will be responsible for operational features of our data collection infrastructure. The role includes a broad set of responsibilities from maintaining access to strategic data sources by employing best practices in operational security, reporting and alerting production issues, to coordinating between teams to prioritize bug fixes.
As a founding member of the team your decisions today will have a large impact on the company today and into the future. We believe that simple systems are easier to understand, maintain, and scale - we prefer pragmatic, product-centric solutions. You will be making trade-offs as you work to ensure that our systems are prepared to scale — being able to effectively communicate these trade-offs with your teammates is a must.
What you'll do
- Assist with data collection by maintaining access to important data sources
- Employ operational security best practices to main anonymous data collection
- Liaison between mission and engineering teams on data collection issues such as bug triage, communication of outages, understanding priorities, etc.
- Creating and maintaining reporting and alerting around ongoing data collections
- Develop processes for to ensure a coordinated data collection effort
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Experience scraping data or a strong desire to learn
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access U.S. only data systems
Additional Qualifications (Nice to haves)
- Experience with Python, or similar
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with data visualization, dashboarding
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply, even if you don’t feel like you're a perfect fit. If you’re passionate about contributing to our mission, we’d love to hear from you!